Notices

Is this bad?

Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
thumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Luckily no damage. I think the inside of my braker caliper hit something but everything looked t be fine. The tire just turned and I slid about 40 feet or so. Almost hit the curb tho. My uncle owns the shop so they took care of the tow bill ( as they should). We checked everything under there out and everything seemed to be fine so we just put a new nut on and all seems to be well.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:52 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

oh your uncle owns the shop....thats a bit different i guess then... i would have (if it wasn't family/friends)

-threatened to sue for negligence if they didn't compensate for the entire install

or

-ask for at least 1 new tire if not 4 because that one got premature wear on it :a:
Old 01-10-2006, 06:37 AM
thumper

Originally Posted by tegbooster
oh your uncle owns the shop....thats a bit different i guess then... i would have (if it wasn't family/friends)

-threatened to sue for negligence if they didn't compensate for the entire install

or

-ask for at least 1 new tire if not 4 because that one got premature wear on it :a:
I checked the tire out when it was on the lift and it looked ok besides a lot of rocks stuck int the treds which I pulled out. When driving I do notice a lil pulsing sound so there may be a spot thats flat or something but I'm not going to say anything unless it becomes a problem.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
bnuk

Thats why it sucks to have family/friends do work for you. That shit does happens to the best of em, and when its someone you know it makes it real awkward to compensated.
Old 01-10-2006, 07:27 AM
bnuk

Thats why it sucks to have family/friends do work for you. That shit does happens to the best of em, and when its someone you know it makes it real awkward to compensated.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

I agree but i would still flip out. Does he own it and someone else work on it. IF SO, id find the guy and loosen a NUT or 2 on him. You could have DIED. Fthat...........ask for a turbo now. jk
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 PM
honura
Seni

Im glad nothing major happend. Err I hate when people over look small things.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah little things like a single bolt could mean life or death when your tire damn near falls off going 65 on the freeway... glad your safe, let us know how it turns out
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
thumper

Yeah my uncle owns the shop and one of his mechanics did the work. The car seems to be fine now but the handling feels a lil different. I put 300 miles on the car with no nut on the tie rod so I don't know if I got use to it before the tie rod came off and now it feels different or what. Maybe the alignment is just a lil off now or something.

I stayed calm about it. I let him know I was pissed but it doesn't make the situation any better if I go off on the dude. I think he knows the weight of the situation since he knows he could have caused the death of his boss's nephew haha.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:47 PM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

true..........but mabye a little headbutt might help him remember next time. LOL JK