Notices

hoe much boost can you run on stock type r?

Old 01-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is just a windows based program that modifies Honda ROMs. You save your modified maps to a bin file and burn it onto the chip. You still need all the hardware like ECU, chip burner, wideband O2 sensor, chip kit, etc.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:16 PM
waaBAAH

neptune is another ems. what are you thoughts on those programs?
Old 01-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by waaBAAH
neptune is another ems. what are you thoughts on those programs?
Neptune is a great program comparable to the AEM EMS in functionality, but the developer is holding it very close to him, so you will have to take it to a tuner that has a license for it.

Crome is more of a DIY program that is very user friendly, and IMO, is better and cheaper than Hondata.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
guessinthe2000

I have an ITR turbo...Greddy turbo to be exact. On stock type r motor I only run 5psi just because the high compression I've heard people have done up to 10, I don't really trust them specially because my baby is on the line (plus is a type r and not an ls or gsr). My friend was running 8psi on a civic(it had the type r motor and the garret t3/t4) and he F**KED it up hard core. Honestly unless you get internals just run 5psi. What I'm going to do is swap my motor for a GSR get internals and boost as much as I want(SAFE), and just keep my Type R motor. I wouldn't want to mess up a Type R motor just because is so amazing...listen to my advice...PEACE
Old 01-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by guessinthe2000
I have an ITR turbo...Greddy turbo to be exact. On stock type r motor I only run 5psi just because the high compression I've heard people have done up to 10, I don't really trust them specially because my baby is on the line (plus is a type r and not an ls or gsr). My friend was running 8psi on a civic(it had the type r motor and the garret t3/t4) and he F**KED it up hard core. Honestly unless you get internals just run 5psi. What I'm going to do is swap my motor for a GSR get internals and boost as much as I want(SAFE), and just keep my Type R motor. I wouldn't want to mess up a Type R motor just because is so amazing...listen to my advice...PEACE
Proper tuning will allow 300+ whp to be made with stock internals and that is a lot more than 5 psi. Your friend's motor blew up because it was probably a half-assed, hacked together fuel management system consisting of one of the following: AFC hack, FMU/Missing link, or some basemap made by some guy that has never even seen pictures of the car, let alone had time to dyno tune it for proper fueling and ignition curves.

The compression ratio is so minimally different between the GSR and Type R motor, so why would you boost a lot more on an almost equally high compression motor?

And we all know that 5 psi on a Greddy turbo is not going to be the same (powerwise) than 5 psi on a T3/T4 who knows what trim your friend had.

Your post just makes no sense and proves that you really don't know much about Honda motors or turbocharging in general.