Notices

01 Gs-0r-05 350z

Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM
SOCALDC4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Gs-0r-05 350z

i am thinking of trading in my 01 gs which is in great condition, for a 05 350Z,
i owe about 12 thousand on my gs the dealership is willing to pay it off and give me a 05 z for around 29,000....... i am thinking of doing this because the z is just so much more car than a gs teg......i regret not getting a gsr.....well i need some opinions of what you guys think of the Z
Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

i think they are freakin beasts...amazing low end torque....good look...good car overall...nissan did well...TT it and you got urself a skyline opponent...but...

-working in the engine bay of a Z sucks ass...be forewarned
-example: it took me and my buddy 3 hours to get CAI on
-parts = $$$ .... lots of it which is common knowlege...the more $ ur car, the more $ aftermarket parts for it are
-that's a lot of money....
+you'll have a brand new "never worry about" car
+starting stock kicks ass
+ur already dominating ur old car by over 100whp just to start

so in the end it's really up to u...personally i'd keep the teg cuz i like "toys" just do everything u can to it and take care of it....
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
SOCALDC4

I Know What You Mean But I Owe Alot Of Money On A Non Vtec Car.......
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

true...but ur only starting ur debt over and this time upping it to 30k instead of 12k
Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is why i don't finanace h:
Old 12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
SOCALDC4

i am not in debt....i just dont think it's worth paying 12,000 more for this car when i can get a Z.....i have enough money for both..i just want something with more of a sporty attitude....
Old 12-16-2005, 03:04 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

so take that 29,000 put it into your teg...and you can take just about any heavily built 350z...or save ur money and get a 300zx and put the difference into it....those things have quite a bit of potential
Old 12-16-2005, 03:06 PM
SOCALDC4

true, but in my teg all the high school kids are constenly reving at me in there old 240's and crx and hatch's, it drives me nuts. i just want to drive around in a sports car in peace also i get stoped by the cops alot out here...... i dont even drive crazy....... i dont like street racers either.....
Old 12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

and you think you'll get stopped LESS by the cops if you have a Z? I'm assuming you're a younger guy, as in less than 25...people like you in cars like the Z are prime targets for cops. If you're looking for a car that wont get you pulled over by the cops, get a sedan of some sort. And about people revving at you...you think that'll go away if you get a Z? Someone as young as you with a Z will get a lot more revving-at than if you were in a teg.

also, going with the Z will put you 29k in debt, as opposed to sticking with the teg and being 12k in debt...less than half the debt. you really aren't thinking about this rationally man, from what you've been saying, all you're looking for is to have a Z, or just to have a sports car, which isn't always the better way to go.

think about how your financial situation will be AFTER you get the Z, and it'll scare you.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:48 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Owing 12K on a non-vtec integra is rather steep, if you can get a better deal on a new Nissan, I can't see any reason to not go for the newer car.

That said, a Z will attract just as much attention as a built Integra, if not more.

Owning a sports car means that idiots are going to try to lure you into a race. It's just a part of life; you have to either put up with them or find a car that isn't as "visible" to those jerk-offs.

Personally, I'm really getting tired of the exhaust note of the Z. To my ear it doesn't have any soul. But then again, I hear it on a daily basis. :a:

If you wanted to cruise about and not have people rev at you, I'd turn in the Integra for a loaded 05 Maxima or an Altima 3.5. You'll still have the power of the VQ35DE, but in a package that is relatively anonymous.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!