Notices

is BF Goodrich Sport a good 16" tire?

Old 12-11-2005, 03:32 PM
jragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is BF Goodrich Sport a good 16" tire?

I am looking for some tires for my 16" wheels. I work at costco and we sell the BF goodrich sport tires for a good price, just wondering if this would work out better than Falkens, Nittos, Hanooks, or yoko's. Here is the link to the tire and also I have read previous posts and it seems 205/45/16's is the way to go. I plan on either a h-spring from tein or possible go coilovers eventually. would this size tire run me problems or would it be a good choice. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:40 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

16's are a perfect size rim/tire IMO and u seem like you've done ur research which is good, it depends on what you want to do w/ the car... falken's are great tires, but they are by no means all weather or long lasting...i think it takes each person to run through a set of a few diff brands to see what they prefer, i like the toyo t1-s's, they've done me good in the past and for the money, are just an all around good tire, specially w/ the poor quality roads in CA

look into reviews on others, tires can get expensive

but to answer ur question, to each his own on the tires, i've tried BFG's and wasn't a huge fan, but my buddy loves em, so try em out, and if u dont like em...next set, dont go BFG
Old 12-11-2005, 04:05 PM
jragon

thank you for the post. If you don't mind me asking what model of BFG did you not like.Costco sells 4 models, just wondering if you tried the sport or something else. THanks again.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:53 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I used to work for Costco, and pretty much learned that if Costco carries it, it must be pretty good since they only sell shit people want.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Philip_Freda
I want an NSX

BFG tires are excellcent, especially since they are owned by michelin (best rubber co. in the world IMO)... Are they Traction T/A's or another model BFGs? If they are Traction T/A definitely buy them> I sell them all the time at Sears Auto! great tires