Notices

96 Acura integra wants to stall wen im just letting of the clutch

Old 12-10-2005, 11:03 AM
acteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Acura integra wants to stall wen im just letting of the clutch

96 Acura integra wants to stall wen im just slightly letting of the clutch, as soon as i let go of the clutch slightly the car seems it wants to cut of and the car jerks, then wen i put the car in reverse my car just completely stalls and my feet is all the way down on the clutch. if any body knows whats goin on please let me now.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:35 AM
kiddcarbuff

that happened to my buddy's gsr, he wound up haveing a hole in his trannycase and all the gear oil ran out of it, hydrolics were messsed up
Old 12-10-2005, 12:59 PM
acteg

thnx i figured it might of been that . but my gear box also feels really stiff while shifting,
if it is a hole in the tranny how much do u think it'll cost to fix
Old 12-10-2005, 07:08 PM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

well you're gonna have to get a new tranny...you can't fix holes in em (unless it's a tiny pinhole...which is very unlikely...and even then it'll prolly not last)

it depends on what kind of tranny you're gonna want (LS, GSR, ITR) and how friendly you are with the mechanics (unless you're gonna do it yourself...). I'd budget like 1k-1500 parts and labor, if you go to someone who won't rip you off and you get a junkyard or used tranny...always good to budget more than you initially expect, better to have money left over than not enough money in the right place...
Old 12-10-2005, 07:43 PM
honura
Seni

Try bleeding your clutch and take it from there.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:53 PM
kiddcarbuff

u can fix it.... i know a guy who cracked his ls trans and put a 1/8 inch hole in like 3 years ago... he tig welded the case after he took everything out of it and rebuilt it, he jsut took his time and tigged the hole up working from the bottom of the hole(like inside the trans and then out) its held up for 3 years of thrashing the hell out of it w/ close to 300 at the wheels thru turbo so yea it can be done