Notices

convincing info about itr's.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:04 PM
CivicRegister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convincing info about itr's.

The problem is convincing my dad to let me buy a itr. He just wants to make sure that I get a car that will be useful for a long time and that I wont have to worry about repairing alot. For some reason my dad believes that integras "use" to be good cars. and I cannot convince him to believe that they still are. What do u think iI should tell him? any help would be good. seems like an odd question, i know, but bare with me.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:13 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pros:
1 quick
2 very agile
3 reliable
4 resale is sky high - when you goto sell it (note #1 below) it will be worth some
5 realitivly good on gas

cons:
1 stolen ALOT
2 insurance is crazy
3 resale it sky high- used price is outrageous
4 runs only on 91
5 0-60 and 60 ft leave some to be desired.
6 loss of creature comforts

IMHO i think you shouldnt buy a type-r if your dad is involved in any way. you obviously are still dependent on him and most likely you don't need such a high risk car.

if you want a type-r go ahead, but be fore-warned that it is considered the most high risk car to be stolen in the US today. that and the given sticker price on a used type-r suggest that you should get a car such as a hyundai tiburon which comes with a large waranty, fun to drive, and theieves overlook
Old 12-05-2005, 09:03 PM
accordsir86

Originally Posted by sherwood
Pros:
1 quick
2 very agile
3 reliable
4 resale is sky high - when you goto sell it (note #1 below) it will be worth some
5 realitivly good on gas

cons:
1 stolen ALOT
2 insurance is crazy
3 resale it sky high- used price is outrageous
4 runs only on 91
5 0-60 and 60 ft leave some to be desired.
6 loss of creature comforts

IMHO i think you shouldnt buy a type-r if your dad is involved in any way. you obviously are still dependent on him and most likely you don't need such a high risk car.

if you want a type-r go ahead, but be fore-warned that it is considered the most high risk car to be stolen in the US today. that and the given sticker price on a used type-r suggest that you should get a car such as a hyundai tiburon which comes with a large waranty, fun to drive, and theieves overlook
owned, and if u wreck it ur dad knows if he had to buy the car for you then he will probably have to pay for damages.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:54 AM
d0csh03lace

maybe you should consider the new gen itrs - the "rsx-s" it has way more potentional than the b-series itr motor and its new AND it's something you're dad can't argue about
Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by d0csh03lace
maybe you should consider the new gen itrs - the "rsx-s" it has way more potentional than the b-series itr motor and its new AND it's something you're dad can't argue about
those are the new gen GSR's
Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Ctrld-Kaos
i need a wrench wench

Originally Posted by d0csh03lace
i would take an itr over the rsx-s anyday of the week.. if u were to track the 2 cars i bet the itr would take the win every time. the itr has better suspension geometry and its better balanced. granted the rsx-s has a k series which is nice and i wouldnt mind having one, but the itr gets my vote. On the other side of things, if u are an inexperienced driver still living with the rents i woulndt get either, if daddy has to buy it you dont deserve it. i would hate to see another itr in the junkyard and u in the hospital due to the fact u didnt know how to drive it.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
bbasso

Have your father test drive both cars and let him decide.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:50 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

my father bought my 2 cars, and my brother's 5 cars, does that mean i cant own a nice car? not at all. id rather opt for soemthing other than the type r because of theft issues. i had my last car stolen and i dont ever want to go through something like that ever again.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
turbofreeky

man i wish mine would buy me all those cars
Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 AM
d0csh03lace

lol @ turbofreeky

and just because someone's parents buy the kid a car doesn't mean they'll be a sh!tty driver

and from what i hear, the new gen hondas with the k-series motors are better balanced since the motor is leaning back into the bay instead of foward like the bsereis motors. rsx-s is not only heavier than the gen before but they also have more power and a better power-band.

with minor bolt-ons it would be easy for the rsx-s to have 240hp, drop the same mods on an itr and how much hp would u make?

.... don't get me wrong tho, theres jus sumtin about itrs that make me melt and maybe they are faster, i really don't know