Notices

Help decide first mods

Old 12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Greenls88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help decide first mods

I have a 1996 integra ls 5speed. I am trying to find fairly cheap bolt on power adders and was wondering if any of u could help me out. I have a short ram intake already.
i was thinking aem pulleys then cam gears, exhaust maybe i dunno can u help me out quick power for cheap!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

how much power do u wana add....and i got bad news for ya...."power for cheap" doesn't exist lol, what are ur goals? hp? track car? daily driven? u could do several things for very cheap...but the amount of $ spent will always be in ratio to the amount of pwr earned
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

don't wast your money on pullys they are useless, as far as cam gears u may want to look into them when u get different cams if u are going n/a route.. best bang for buck would be a nice cat back exhuast u will feel a nice little difference in power, not a lot but noticable.. but u should first decide as tegbooster stated what your goals are and what u want to be doign with the car
Old 12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Cam gears won't do anything if you are still running stock cams.

Exhaust would be a good start, but bolt-on power is very hard and expensive to obtain with an LS motor.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Try2Live4God

As mentioned, forget the cam gears for now. I would say look into gettin' an exhaust and a good header. Then work on cams and cam gears....and other engine internals. :goodjob:
Old 12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
wicked_geezer

whaaaaaaaaaaaat are u guys serious about pulleys that was going to be my next item for my gsr....i thought they give 30% more power to the wheels?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

i hope u are kidding u have a lot of research to do, cam gears will never give u 30 precent more whp, matter fact no bolt on will give u that much of a gain in whp come on man don't believe all the bs u hear, do your research, and u will dig up some intresting info
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by wicked_geezer
whaaaaaaaaaaaat are u guys serious about pulleys that was going to be my next item for my gsr....i thought they give 30% more power to the wheels?
:lmfao:

This seriously made my day.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:49 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Cam gears won't do anything if you are still running stock cams.

Exhaust would be a good start, but bolt-on power is very hard and expensive to obtain with an LS motor.
haha absolutly, to see any major difference i had to throw like...2500ish into my motor, now im dumping that...and doing a 3-5k buildup....cam gears are more geared *hehe* to the tuning aspect of the car...so obviously when you have very little to tune....theres little or no use for them....ask GSSR, those things won't see more than 0* @ tdc for another year lol
Old 12-07-2005, 06:17 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by tegbooster
haha absolutly, to see any major difference i had to throw like...2500ish into my motor, now im dumping that...and doing a 3-5k buildup....cam gears are more geared *hehe* to the tuning aspect of the car...so obviously when you have very little to tune....theres little or no use for them....ask GSSR, those things won't see more than 0* @ tdc for another year lol
damn straight!!! been on zero for years now see if i can get them tunned, after i am done F**KING with my car i will go get it dyno tunned, so i get some numbers and get the igintion all tunned