Notices

Distributor Cap Help!

Old 12-03-2005, 10:40 PM
LIZZIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor Cap Help!

Im doing major tune up on my 95 Teg RS.
I know how to do most of the stuff but I just want to make sure I install the Distributor on right. Can any one please guide me??? Do I need to know anything special in regards to the tune up itself??

Please advise??

Thank you!!
olong:
Old 12-03-2005, 11:00 PM
MILKILOS

I need advise myself, I will be performing a tune up in the next week or two. What replacing exactly entails the tune up? Please help. My mileage is horrible it went from being over 100m/half tank to 68m/half tank.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:05 PM
MILKILOS

Old 12-04-2005, 08:49 AM
DrOlds

Change cap and rotor. Only goes on 1 way. Label wires BEFORE you yank them off if you don't have a manual.

Change plugs. Take the rubber retainer out of out sparkplug socket other wise you will never pull it off the plug. Start the plugs by hand with an extension. Careful not to cross thread or over tighten.

Change PCV valve. I believe this is still mounted on the intake manifold under the 2nd runner from left. Hose goes up to Throttle body. If you are mysteriously losing oil, this may be why.

Unless it looks really bad, just get some compressed air and blow off air filter.

Still have energy and money?

Change fuel filter. black canister on fire wall with bolt in the middle of it. Use rags to minimize fuel spray.

I personally drain and replace both the tranny fluid, and antifreeze about every 2 years or so. Cheap prevenative maintenance when you consider the cost of a new tranny or engine. At a minimum check the levels.