Notices

Starter Question - did your's fit?

Old 12-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Amirked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Question - did your's fit?

I already fixed my problem but it was a pain doing it. I was wondering if any of you have replaced your starters yourself and if so if the replacement bolted right on without a problem. I replaced mine a few months ago (95 ls, 5 spd) and the starter from napa did not bolt in. It fit everything perfectly, into the slot with the right notches etc, but the top bolt holes did not line up - they were off by 1/8th - 1/16th of an inch. Is this common? I tried another Napa starter - didn't work and then I tried one from Checker - that didn't work either. I had to take the old starter and new starter apart and build one that would bolt up. I'm so glad I didnt' drop the old one off for a core before I got the new one set up. Do you think it's my car or just a crappy mold (made in china).
Old 12-03-2005, 04:17 AM
VPUPPY

Are you sure they were giving you a starter for a manual tranny and not a automatic?
Old 12-03-2005, 04:43 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

it should just bolt up if you got the right one
Old 12-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Amirked

i'm sure I got the right one - I was seriously teed off after the second and the third one didn't fit. Everything else was identical except for the location of the hole . . are the part numbers different for different years? Hopefully nobody else will have the same problem.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:16 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just replaced the starter on my '94 GSR last week. Went in without a hitch. Not sure why yours wouldn't bolt up properly...:thinking:
Old 12-04-2005, 01:51 AM
94integrars

my another 95 ls got the starter replaced too it was good np . this time i got a 94 Rs from my friend. its messed they swapped the new ls engine in. they left all the wires >> no abs no power steering and no fukin ac lolz haha . last week i tried to start. it wouldn't start ,it not even makingand clicking or anything when i hit the key. nothing happened. damn. battery was ok.. anybody got the same problems . thanks