Notices

Big Problem!!!

Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
kiddcarbuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Problem!!!

alright my bussy took his 97 gsr out tonight for the first time, he told me when he was driving it home fomr the guy he bought it from, it was shifting weird. he drove it about 3 weeks ago and it was fine, so i think since that the previous owner did something cause now it wont go into gear at all. and if it slips into gear it wont come out. so i jacked up the car and look under it, and boom, oil on the botom of the trans along w/ tranny fluid, great, look a little more, there is a hole in the damn case, spewing out gear oil. it didnt do this on the test drive 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden it does this. we were on the roads around town so i highly doubt we hit/drove over something hard enouhg to put a hole in the case. ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT COULDA HAPPENED? the previous owner was informed of this so yea i guess he needs a new tranny, or can this be fixed? also as long as its a hydrolic b seriis trans it should fit right?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

not sure if could have been fixed. if the guy selling the car was smart, he wouldn't have launched it, tracked it, etc... before selling it. Chances are, the guy either completely replaced it with a beat up tranny, or he just mashed on it.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:56 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah, sounds kinda fishy on the other guys part
Old 12-03-2005, 11:08 AM
kiddcarbuff

yea my boy is gettin a refund and a jdm gsr tranny now from the guy so hopefully its all better, also who makes a good sway bar for the front?