Notices

alarm problem

Old 11-26-2005, 07:10 PM
icess64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problem

I have a question...I recently had the pleasant experience of my boyfriend accidentally taking my car keys on vacation with him. I have a spare key, but I only have one keyless remote to my car. Every time I tried to open the door with just the key, the alarm would go off and I couldn't get it to stop unless I shut the door and locked it again (not so helpful when you are trying to drive to work).
I called the dealer and they told me that holding the key to the left or right for a few seconds would disengage the alarm, but I did this and it didn't work. Is there anything else I could try? I have the remote back now, but I would like to know how to disengage it with just the key for future reference. I know I should just get a second remote, but they are like $60+ and I am a cheap bastard!
Old 11-27-2005, 05:32 AM
VPUPPY

is this a oem alarm? try using the passenger side door luck to unlock the car, that side may work.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:38 PM
namyboyz

yeah i had the same problem, passenger side worked for me
Old 11-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

There is a little switch near your left foot when you sit down. Keep the switch down, insert the key to the on position, flick the switch up, and start the car. If that doesn't work, try flicking the switch up, then down.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:53 AM
thumper

some alarms u can just start the car with the key to get it to stop. i dunno if that will work in this situation