Notices

One of those Weird problems?

Old 11-23-2005, 08:02 PM
RoadRunner23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of those Weird problems?

Here is the problem:

Car: 1998 Integra GS-R
Car has been lowered for 5 years with Eibach prokits (1.5 inch drop) and Tokico 5-way adjustable shocks, same wheels have been on the car for 5 years as well. Tires are Parada-2's at 80% tread left.
I have owned the car since new. It has never done before. The problem started 1 year ago and it seems to get worse and worse.
Description: Bad bump steer (car pulls hard left or right over bumps in the road when going slow). Example when you come up to a red light that has sunken pavement from the 18 wheelers and heavy traffic driving over it....if one of the wheels catches these ruts in the road ... the steering wheel wants to turn hard to one side or the other making the car a little hard to handle. Rotating vibration sound coming from front right is also something I noticed.

Parts that were changed recently that have not solved the problem (but needed changing anyway):

-new left and right axles
-new adjustable upper control arms from skunk2 to allow for Camber adjustment (comes with new upper ball joint)
-new lower ball joints (left and right)
-rear camber adjusters were also installed
-Car was professionally aligned at a high end alignment shop that is highly reputable.

Things to check out based on some research I did:

-Seized brake caliper may be causing the problem
-Bad front wheel bearings
-Bad tie rods
-Bad steering rack

Has someone experience this with any Honda... I suspect the resolution would be the same.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. All comments welcome.

PLEASE HELP!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car has pulling hard to the side when I come up to a lot of stoplights and stuff. Had it checked out and it turned out to be a seized caliper on the front passenger side. Still have to replace it though...But yeah, I would definitely look into that. One way I could tell was the extremely noticeable amount of heat coming from the wheel area and the wheel itself felt much warmer than it should...
Old 11-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

I have the same problem on my falkens. Since you have Parada-2's, it might be because we have performance tires and they just relaly like to grab anything on the road, ruts, bumps, etc. I recently painted my calipers so I know my calipers are not seized. Could just be the type of tire. I havne't really noticed it now that I am on my winter tires. Just a thought, not sure if this is true.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:09 AM
wicked_geezer

it sounds like u need to take ur car to alignment
Old 11-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Didn't you read that he got his car aligned...I had mine aligned too so its not that. I can tell they actually aligned my car since my toe-in wear stopped occuring afterwards. So, no, its not the alignment
Old 11-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would check the tie rods. Jack the car up and push on the wheel a bit. If it moves, it is because the balljoint is shot and confirm this by taking a look at the ball joint.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:18 PM
RoadRunner23

thanks for the replies everyone... I think I will go for the brakes first and the tie rods after that. I will repost once I figure this thing out
Old 11-25-2005, 09:26 PM
dubcac
I

I think it's just the fact that you have tires that grip pretty well, and will track the smallest lines in the road. I noticed the same problem as my tires wore more and more on the inside from camber.