Notices

1st time tegger...long time car enthusiast!

Old 11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
jragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time tegger...long time car enthusiast!

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me be part of your community. I am a new member, but have used your previous posts expanding my knowledge of my ’01 LS auto teg. I don’t have any experience with the workings of any car on the exterior but I am an ex audio/video/security installer, so I know interiors pretty well. Anyway, I thought it was about time to throw in my two cents and also to more directly get some of my questions out there concerning my car. So if any of you have any questions I might be able to answer concerning audio systems, video, or alarms I will do my best to help. But as for anything else…I think I am going to need all of your help.

My first question to everyone is more of a decision I am trying to make…Suspension.
I am looking to find the best combination out there to make a superior handling car, without loosing too much ride quality. I know this is kind of a trade off but there has to be something out there that suits my needs.

I have been looking at some tein’s coilovers…from previous posts it seems that these are the right choose. I have also looked into the possibility of the tein stech springs combo’d with KYB agx’s. Do you all think this would provide me with the above or should I go with something else?

Also I have found a set of Tein Type HA Coil-overs but I am questioning about if the HA’s actually fit a LS…All I can find on the TEIN site is a MR2 under the fittings chart. Is this chart outdated?

Anyway thank you for taking the time to read all of this and I appreciate any insight, now or in the future, you may provide!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:18 AM
kiddcarbuff

its not outdated, those arnt made for front wheel drive cars, i think, lol the stech, springs coupled w/ the kyb's would suit you just fine, you car will handle like a dream, but if u want to drop some serious coin, get some tanabe coilovers or differnt ones from tein. in the end, its all up to you...
Old 11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah tein is definately one of the best but ur also looking to spend a couple grand just for the full edfc tein coil over kit....but .... of course you can adjust them in ur car!!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah tein is definately one of the best but ur also looking to spend a couple grand just for the full edfc tein coil over kit....but .... of course you can adjust them in ur car!!