Notices

What's a reasonable offer for this ITR?

Old 11-20-2005, 06:57 AM
XyKo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a reasonable offer for this ITR?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4590090839

It's not mine and I'm planning to buy it. Just want to know what would be a reasonable offer for the car.

And what do you think about mods for the car? Is it good and reliable or just another mess up ITR?
Old 11-20-2005, 08:10 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Those are some pretty brutal "dents" in the panels. The engine bay is very dirty and there's a lot of corrosion on the metal. There's also garbage in the back floor board in one of the pics.

It doesn't look the car has been taken care of very well. If it were me, I'd pass and look for a different car. Check out the ITRCA classifieds for cars in much better condition.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:22 PM
wildcarditr102
My new toy

The driver's door is obviously done, and the front lip needs paint.

I would be very careful of this engine. He either spills a lot of oil, or has a PCV problem-which means it could have other problems inside.

Personally, I think this was a good offer up to $10k. He hasn't taken care of it well, but it seems fixable and worth the investment if you put time and money into it.

I bought mine of eBay in June. First thing I did is an engine rebuild-I also got fucked with frame damage I didnt see, bad rear shocks and a bunch of little shit-so make sure you have money left over (and willing to put more than purchase price into it).

If he relists, I would ask him for pictures of the undercarriage to make sure you dont get a banged up frame, ask him what happened to the door, and do a compression check on pick-up.

Jake