Notices

Hooking up Kill Switch to Rear Wiper Switch

Old 11-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooking up Kill Switch to Rear Wiper Switch

Since I did the rear wiper delete I have a free switch, so why not use it like that. How hard would this be? My only concern is that the wires run into the hatch, and possibly through the roof (and not the floor, where the fuel pump wires are). Discuss.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:35 PM
CaliDELSOL93si

seems like a good idea. not sure running it through the roof though ?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:59 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

just run it thru the headliner and through the sidepanels on the rear-inside to get it to the floor
Old 11-12-2005, 09:13 AM
VPUPPY

why would you go through that much trouble for a kill switch. are you talking fuel cutoff switch? just keep the wires up front, under the dash. remeber to use fuses when necessary.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:16 AM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Originally Posted by VPUPPY
remeber to use fuses when necessary.
word
Old 11-12-2005, 11:57 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuel pump cutoff? for the sake of time they will rip apart your back seat and just connect the fuel pump directly to the battery

if it's crimped under the seat they will just take out the crimps and place it back together, note they will most likely not take your seat out the regular slow way, rather they will most likely yank it nice and bent.

as for using your wiper switch, any kill switch should be hidden.

now if i remember correctly you have a 2000, which already has an immobilizer, which means that if they are going to get away with the car they will need i believe a 96-99 or replacable EMS to get away with the car anyway. cut your losses because anyone who is going to get away with your 2000, will be able to get away with it despite your best efforts

there is really nothing you can do to stop it and believe me with that ill switch it will just mean more damages to the car.

if i were to do eveything over again i'd have just a nicer alarm on my car and lojack, because then they will take off with little to no damage to the car, lojack will find it and you will be all set, VS me, i've been out a car for a month and a half for damages because of all the stuff i had in there to stop them after my lojack found it.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:12 PM
VPUPPY

i agree with the lowjack recommendation and keep in mind some viper alarms have GPS. but, a fuel cutoff can be effective it done correctly. correctly meaning that you don't get the wires to the pump from under the seat, but somewhere else(under the dash, at the ecu) and make sure all the wiring is soldered and all the factory wire loom looks factory after your done. as for the immobilizer, that only stops the unexperienced thief.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Good points guys. Sherwood I know you're feeling jaded about your loss but I'm just seeing this as another method of slowing down a thief. Ultimately, I don't care if my car gets stolen, thats why I have theft insurance on it, but I would not like to see them get away with my car. Also, I'm not sure Lojack is available in Canada.

Finally, as for the kill switch being in the rear wiper switch. Do you guys really think a thief will think of that? Its basically aswitch that doesn't do what its supposed to do, so I don't think its necessary for it to be hidden since the car still looks stock. This is vs some after market radio shack switch that they find tucked away, then it would bep retty obvious that that was a kill switch.

Sherwood, you make a goood point on the immobilizer, I dont know if I plan on doing this but I was just entertaining the idea.

BTW yes i meant fuel pump cutoff. Is there another definition of 'killswitch' i dont know about...sorry noob.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:07 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

again, if they are bright enough to get past the immbilizer they WILL know how to bypass a fuel cutoff in less than 20 seconds.

:edit:

and that just means more damages to the car if it does get stolen.

they will not bother looking for the switch most likely because they know whats going on. these guys arent stupid.