Notices

gsr rebuild?????

Old 11-07-2005, 04:51 PM
$bmoney$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr rebuild?????

hey ok soo im debting to rebiuld my b18c or not...the car is pretty worn down and all and it has about 194k on it and was wondering would it be a good idea to rebuild it.....i mean here r the problems

1. burning oil
2. gas level drops fast
3.puts in 1st bad
4. engine shakes from the mounts pretty good
5. needs timing belt and water pump replacement
6.timing is off...and back fires
7. 3 gaskets blown from the heads
8. clutch is going

so there is my list....those r the things i kno for sure thats wrong.....yea its quite a task i kno but then ill kno watr has been done to the car and wat kinda condition it is in.....just there is alot of work needs to be done....and wat not and i think a rebuild is in order......

sooo my question.......

would it be worth it to tear iot down and rebuild it complete...replacing things i think r bad so i kno wats up.....

suggestions and ideas from anyone who has rebuild b18c's before would be much thanked......and other things that would help em with my journy...

brandon
Old 11-07-2005, 04:58 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

would you replace them with OEM parts or aftermarket parts?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:00 PM
$bmoney$

depends.....i want it to run 100% better than wat it would....willing to oput the extra cash into performace instead of oem.....more than after market.......i donno.....i deff want the performance side of iit
Old 11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Do you plan on doing all the work yourself? I think you should go ahead and rebuild or just order another GSR longblock with less miles
Old 11-07-2005, 05:07 PM
$bmoney$

ya i guess why im so gung hoe on rebuilding it....i woiuld learn a jack shit load about my car and wat not rather then just droppen a new one in ya kno.....

cause then ikno wat is up wit my car......yes im weird why i donno....that and i dont feel like droping 2700 on a new engine...cause thats wat i paids for the car hah.....