Notices

I accidently started car, without the #1 and #3 Spark plug wire connect to the PLUGS!

Old 11-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Soloboy
DC2 POWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I accidently started car, without the #1 and #3 Spark plug wire connect to the PLUGS!

I took it out and left it in my House... And I just took the Spark plug wires 1 & 3 out of the cylinders and left them hanging, meaning, Spark plug 1 & 3 is unplugged... And the next day I plugged my ECU back up, and Accidently tried starting it, but my dumbass left the # 1 & 3 Spark plugs unplugged and started it, but it started and then Backfiring so I cut it off and popped the hood and plugged # 1&3 back up and then now it wouldnt start...Just makes a PSHPSHSPHSPSHS Noise and wont Turn over!

READ ABOUT IT, I need Help, My Car has been sittin for 2 months now with a Fresh JDMB18B...It was runing good, until I messed with 1 and 3 Spark plug wires.. But I was going clubbin So I didnt want my car to get Jacked!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 06:24 AM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

well not having those plugs connected to the wires isnt going to cause any major problems to the engine...just means ur 1 and 3 cylinder isnt going to fire. i would say u have something else wrong thats causing it not to start. that backfiring was the result of 1 and 3 not being plugged in and runnig on two cylinders. the fact that u had the ecu out and unplugged though could be part of your troubles
Old 11-05-2005, 06:48 AM
killuminati
All through your body

I would so laugh at you if you fried the ECU. Did you disconnect the battery and have the ignition off when you were messing with the ECU? If not you're inviting problems.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:31 AM
tgansert
is all good

Jacked?

Hrm. Ok. Noone is gonna steal a B18B Integra. NOONE. Trust, me I have a GSR wrapped in Integra RS, and I've parked it in some of the worst parts of Philly, and in a few cases Camden (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6555449/), of which I only live a few minutes away. If you wanna talk about heroin addicts stealin shit for money, come to NJ and we'll talk. So no more foolin with the wires, please.

As far as the word "clubbin'" goes... heh. it's just a funny word :rofl:

In any case, it sounds like you didn't unplug your battery before you plugged in the ECU. Either that or you need to disconnect the ECU for a hot minute, then reconnect it properly. This way, any codes that were thrown will be cleared and the motor will be ready to run.

As a long long long shot, you might have plugged the wires into the wrong cylinder. I'm saying that's a long shot, because anyone who disconnects the cables while he is 'clubbin' to prevent getting 'jacked' BETTER EFFIN KNOW what sequence they should be returned to.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

Originally Posted by tgansert
Jacked?

Hrm. Ok. Noone is gonna steal a B18B Integra. NOONE. Trust, me I have a GSR wrapped in Integra RS, and I've parked it in some of the worst parts of Philly, and in a few cases Camden (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6555449/), of which I only live a few minutes away. If you wanna talk about heroin addicts stealin shit for money, come to NJ and we'll talk. So no more foolin with the wires, please.

As far as the word "clubbin'" goes... heh. it's just a funny word :rofl:

In any case, it sounds like you didn't unplug your battery before you plugged in the ECU. Either that or you need to disconnect the ECU for a hot minute, then reconnect it properly. This way, any codes that were thrown will be cleared and the motor will be ready to run.

As a long long long shot, you might have plugged the wires into the wrong cylinder. I'm saying that's a long shot, because anyone who disconnects the cables while he is 'clubbin' to prevent getting 'jacked' BETTER EFFIN KNOW what sequence they should be returned to.

"no one is going to steal a b18b."

- that's what i said... and then

I live in a very nice neighborhood as well.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
tgansert
is all good

Funny....

Looks like the thief magnet (body kit) is gone, but the motor is still there. My point still holds water.

*boggle*
Old 11-05-2005, 11:20 AM
FooD2000
Still Water

My orginal car

B18b1 with I/H/Hf cat / exhuast greddy evo II
Interior: everything is stock except alpine deck / two way speakers

So no, an integra is an integra because everything is easily resellable. The black body panels, guages, wiring harnesses, ecu, turn signals, rims, stock exhuast, stock seats.
You name it. anything on an integra is easily resellable. That's why our cars are highly stolen. Think about the market, Who owns integras? 18-25 year old kids. Bmw are older adults who don't buy sketchy parts and as i hear most of them say, "i used to be into modding my car when i was younger." B18b / b18c1? who's gonna pull the motor? most theif situations out there are just quick and fast wrench turning guys who ditch the car afterwords. no difference there.

So your point is not valid. Rs/Ls/Gs, Gsr will all be stolen the same. Type-r though will show more thief liable then the others though.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:28 AM
tgansert
is all good

I stand corrected. Shame about your ride man.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:28 AM
tgansert
is all good

But in any case, check out your ECU situation.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:32 PM
dubcac
I

No one's going to steal an LS? I know plenty of people who it's happened to. People want to steal integras in general, not just GSR's.

As for the problem at hand, make sure you connected the spark plug wires to the correct spots on the distributor. They should be connected like this:

3 4
1 2

Starting at the bottom left corner of the distributor and going clockwise, the firing order is 1-3-4-2. If that doesn't work, try pulling the 7.5A backup fuse for a minute or so, and then plugging it back in...this will reset the ecu. If it still doesn't start, check the coil and ignitor in the distributor, and the ECU itself.