Notices

Install Help:Skunk2 Proseries Full Suspension

Old 10-24-2005, 08:11 AM
Itsallteg
1995 Integ LS Sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install Help:Skunk2 Proseries Full Suspension

I recieved my Proseries suspension kit for my 4 door integra. I also perchased a camber kit front and rear. The suspension kit did not come with installation instructions. I was curious of possibility of going out and doing it myself. The kit is all separated (springs, front rear, shocks, front rear,one base adjusting spindle with a flat spindle for the tops and bottoms of each spring, 4 little gold rings that fit over the the mounting rods which are on top the struts, and I imagine locking nuts which cap the rods themselves.)
Would I need a spring compressor?
Could I just thread them up and place the vehicle weight ontop the setup? (I imagine there would be extreme difficulty doing it this way since supporting the lower mounting surfaces would have no sturdy connection during weight administering)
Do I re-use any stock components?
Anyone that has installed a full suspension setup or with very respectable knowlage of the process would be very helpfull if they could post.Thx.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

There are tons of writeups for spring installs floating around this site and others. That will be a good thing to check to see what you need.

You will need a spring compressor only if you are removing your stock springs. Otherwise, the coilover springs shouldn't need compressing to get onto the shock.

Did the kit not come with assembly instructions?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Itsallteg
1995 Integ LS Sedan

NO INSTRUCTIONS!!! WOW! EBAY!! haha. Anyway, I'm slowly getting better understanding for what I might need to get the parts in. I must go and take a closer look at what exactly I'm doing here. I looked from pages 1-6 and I found nothing that answered my questions. I will furthur investigate.... Nice teg schmoo! Very jelious of color since it's exactly like mine but cleaner
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Itsallteg
NO INSTRUCTIONS!!! WOW! EBAY!! haha. Anyway, I'm slowly getting better understanding for what I might need to get the parts in. I must go and take a closer look at what exactly I'm doing here. I looked from pages 1-6 and I found nothing that answered my questions. I will furthur investigate.... Nice teg schmoo! Very jelious of color since it's exactly like mine but cleaner
Thanks for the compliments.

This writeup will give a nice general overview of what the project consists of: http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/c...r/coilover.php