Notices

#3 Fuse keeps blowing please help!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Berb_15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #3 Fuse keeps blowing please help!

My #3 fuse keeps blowing it is the 7.5 that controls the power antenna, dome light, data link, and integrated control unit. I disconnected the antenna(never really liked it anyways) and the done light, and it still blows. I even put a 10A fuse in there and it blew that too, im not willing to put a higher Amp fuse in... The first windshield wiper setting, headlight and key chime(when left on or in the ignition) also does not work, Im assuming they have something to do with the ICU ssince I dont know what it controls. If anyone has had this problem or could help please let me know! thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Swisher

You prob got a wire shorted to ground somewhere, that'll keep blowin your fuses all day long
Old 10-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Berb_15

Thats what I hear, any good suggestions on how to check this, should I check individual components or from the fuse box?? Thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 02:24 PM
Swisher

I typed a reply and my computer froze...:squint: Here we go again.
What you need to check for a short idealy is a voltmeter and a wiring diagram. I am assuming you dont have those so what you need to do is check over all the wires related to that #3 fuse. Make sure they are all insulated and no wires are exposed. If an exposed wire touches just about anything metal on your car, it'll short and blow your fuse. This wont be easy because all your wires are going to be hiding, and sometimes its very hard to find which one belongs to the circuit. But before you go doing all that, there maybe a different reason your fuse blows. If you had your power antenna, dome light, data link, or integrated control unit replaced with one that may not be made specifically for your car, it could but an added load thatll draw more current and blow your fuse. But if they are all stock, and never replaced its more likely a short.