Notices

Turbo help

Old 10-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Orange Soda
Integra's Of Houston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo help

I have a 1993 GSR, I blew the original B-17a and replaced it With a Jdm B-18c (1995 model, so its GSR, not the type R) (**lol, and am kicking my self for selling the B-17a) but im not quite sure how to install a turbo kit on my car, i know i am going to have to relocate the battery and remove the a/c...is there anything else i am going to have to do?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:57 AM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

You dont have to relocate the battery (at least i dont think) and i know you do not have to remove the A/C. That part is optional.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Orange Soda
Integra's Of Houston

Originally Posted by 1995Civic
You dont have to relocate the battery (at least i dont think) and i know you do not have to remove the A/C. That part is optional.
my battery is like .25 inch from my intake....and my a/c is pretty big...(i've got the old school a/c) :eh:
, that and another question is what kinda kit can I buy, or will i have to custom fab. a kit?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:42 AM
BooSted_DB2

I have a 93 turbo gsr with the b17 and i had to take out the ac and move the battery and i had to notch the crosmember down by the oil pan so that the oil return line could fit.But you may not have to do that depending on what turbo kit you have. Depending on how you run your intercooler piping i had to take my windshield wiper fluid resivor out and had to relocate radiator resivor. Good Luck
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 AM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Orange Soda
my battery is like .25 inch from my intake....and my a/c is pretty big...(i've got the old school a/c) :eh:
, that and another question is what kinda kit can I buy, or will i have to custom fab. a kit?
Yea, i dont know what to tell you then...i dont own a teg. Sounds to me like you might want to go check out places to get some custom IC piping fabbed up if you want to get around that a/c, along with a manifold. good luck dude
Old 10-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Yea, i dont know what to tell you then...i dont own a teg. Sounds to me like you might want to go check out places to get some custom IC piping fabbed up if you want to get around that a/c, along with a manifold. good luck dude
Keeping A/C depends on the size of the downpipe. See how much clearance you have and size the piping accordingly.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:04 AM
1995Civic
I hate ricers

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Keeping A/C depends on the size of the downpipe. See how much clearance you have and size the piping accordingly.
Seriously am i retarded or something lol. I didnt mean to say Intercooler piping, definitely downpipe or manifold. It was a long day
Old 10-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Orange Soda
Integra's Of Houston

Seriously am i retarded or something lol. I didnt mean to say Intercooler piping, definitely downpipe or manifold. It was a long day
lol, thanks guys, i will have to look into that.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:41 AM
newgsrdriver

Depends on the size of the downpipe as well as the manifold and turbo combination you are using. Some manifolds place the turbocharger at a strange angle that leaves little room for a downpipe to coexist with the AC compressor.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Orange Soda
Integra's Of Houston

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
Depends on the size of the downpipe as well as the manifold and turbo combination you are using. Some manifolds place the turbocharger at a strange angle that leaves little room for a downpipe to coexist with the AC compressor.
so im guessing it would be better for me too custom build this?!