Notices

Exedy clutch and fly

Old 09-10-2005, 02:25 PM
FASTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exedy clutch and fly

Finnally im getting a new clutch, can u guys lead me in the right direction.I'm looking for very powerful clutch like a stage 2 but i dont want to break an axle or hurt the trans. I found this one on ebay says its an exedy stage 2 clutch and flywheel for $693? it doesnt seem that bad, but i need to know if this setup is'nt good for my car also will it hurt my trans and axles?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-10-2005, 04:56 PM
FASTER

*bump*

I could use some help, thanks.

btw, how much does a stock flywheel weigh?
Old 09-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would recommend looking into a full surface face disk if you daily drive this car. For your setup, you don't need much more than a "stage 1" unless you just feel like inconveniencing yourself with an overly stiff pressure plate and a disk that engages like a light switch.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:57 PM
qtiger

Be honest with yourself. You're putting down maybe 200 whp on a real good day on a dynojet. You don't need some hardcore clutch. Get the Exedy full face organic, it's a wonderful clutch and will play very nice with your setup. I absolutely love mine, I would buy another if I had to make the choice again.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
FASTER

The exedy stage 1 organic full face, is it an oem replacment? Or is it better then lets say a brand new oem clutch?
And yes its a daily driver but i dont want an oem replacment i want something with a little bite.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:17 PM
qtiger

No, it's not. Exedy's "stage 1" and "stage 2" (Not their terms) use exactly the same pressure plate. The only difference is the disc, full face vs. 3 puck.

Now, be careful because Exedy does make OEM replacement clutches. Many disreputable places sell these and don't say they aren't the sports clutch. Most of the Ebay Exedy clutches are not their sports clutches.