Notices

whats need to install fogs

Old 09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
b18allday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats need to install fogs

I just got some JDM SIR-G fogs for my b-day but really dont know how to go about it. this would be a first for installing fogs and turning the screws for once. i will be doing this myself as my buddies are all in college. i read the instructions for OEM fogs but not sure if it applies to JDM fogs.

here's what they look like...

what do i need to install JDM SIR-G fogs on a 01 gsr? any advice will be great.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:23 AM
teggyls
J-villan

basically, they need a power soruce, a ground, and a switch to turn them on/off
Old 07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
suckafuhreak

i need help on this also. can anyone help me? step by step instruction. i have the switch and the fogs. i need the harness and where can i get them?
Old 07-08-2007, 02:21 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

You probably tap the powersource from your actual light switch and then just ground it somewhere. Which wire is it? Don't know.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Josher

Did your foglights come with a power line that included a fuse? When I installed my foglights I had to purchase a wiring kit. Make sure that if you bought some high wattage bulbs you're using the right gauge wire. They make some lights that are just marker/indicator lights that use all LEDs and only need like 16 gauge wire whereas 100W between the bulbs with 15 ft of cable would need 10 gauge wire.

You would need to run a power wire (from either the fusebox - with a fuse splitter or directly from the battery with an inline fuse) to your switch and then from the switch to your fog lights. You then need to ground (connect) the negative cable from each foglight to the chasis. When I did this, I found a pre-existing hole in the frame and sanded away the corrosion, wrapping the wire around a bolt and smashing the ground wire to the frame.

Let me know what's confusing you guys. It's really not that bad and if you decide you don't like having a separate swich, you can branch off of the headlghts. We could also throw in a relay, but now we're makin' things complicated.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Tram

Where can you pick up a set of these fog lights?