Notices

No power from VTEC

Old 08-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Feelsgr82bealiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power from VTEC

Now i know your NOT SUPPOSED to feel power from V_TEC as i read in one of your threads but i believe this to be bull. Currently I feel i have a problem with my vtec, i can hear it engage but i feel no power from the engagement of it. Before i re-built my motor i was able to spank V8's every day for a year till that tragic day on which i blew it. Like i said i hear the vtec coming in but feel as if was not there, like it is not connected.
Please help my GSR live.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:50 AM
VTEC-Power

low oil level or maybe solenoid messed up? I know I can feel my VTEC around 7500 RPM
Old 08-22-2005, 09:53 AM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

You should be able to truely tell the difference, but at the same time it shouldn't throw your head into the seat either... also you can hear a difference! sounds like the solenoid to me... but low oil levels will prevent it from engaging as well
Old 08-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Feelsgr82bealiv

I replace the oil every fifteen hundred miles with three and a half quarts of mobil 1 and a bottle of this stuff my friend recomended me when i first swapped my motor and after i re-built this one. Like i said i can hear it engage in the exhaust but i cannot feel power. thank you for your suggestions and keep them comin.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
teg90racer

bad solenoid?? low oil level too check a psi gauge n see if u got enough oil press right .. also is ur vtec pigtailed?? to the ecu or wit right harness