Notices

JDM 4-1 HEADER & JDM CAT

Old 08-12-2005, 01:28 PM
2KBLKTYPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM 4-1 HEADER & JDM CAT

I found a guy selling both & buying it next Monday but im not sure about the JDM cat. Will it work for my 2000 ITR?
Do I just buy the JDM 4-1 header & get a custom cat to make it fit or will the jdm cat be good enough? BTW I got the APEXi N1 catback system.

And oh yeah........ I dont want my check engine light to stay on.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

the jdm header will be longer then your usdm header, so fitment with the usdm length exhaust will not be good, you will have to modify it
Old 08-12-2005, 01:48 PM
2KBLKTYPER

Originally Posted by Skelly_GSR
the jdm header will be longer then your usdm header, so fitment with the usdm length exhaust will not be good, you will have to modify it
AAAAAAHH.... O.K. thanks skelly_gsr

What exactly do I need to do? And what about the catalytic?
Old 08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
2KBLKTYPER

Well, I got another problem here. Very confuse on what im going to do.
I been looking at the hytech header and really tempted on getting it, but once I pickup the JDM header thats it. So pls give me some advice here.

Here is my plan for the car, since its my daily driver I really dont want to do any other mods beside the basic I/H/E, cam gears & ecu. Thats it, so I want to make the right move. So far I got the comptech air intake & icebox, Apexi N1 catback ( which I might replace eventually with the hytech header back system, if I go with the hytech header ). make sense???
Will the hytech overkill since im not really going all out with the motor?

I promise the guy ill pickup the JDM header Monday, so I got a few day to decide.

I just notice alot of people with this type of car do same mods more than once. I just want to do it one time.

please respond to my original question about the JDM before giving me advice on which one to go for.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

the hytech will make more power than a jdm header any day of the week. now are you talking about the $1300 custom header or the $799 production version?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
2KBLKTYPER

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
the hytech will make more power than a jdm header any day of the week. now are you talking about the $1300 custom header or the $799 production version?
Does it make a big difference between the custom & production?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

2kblktyper....if your like me, if your gonna do it, go all out . I actually have a hytech headerback exhaust (hytech is ment to be ran with hytech header and no cat, but you can put a can on. And I have enough money to get a descent header now, but im waiting to get the hytech cat. Ive also been looking to get this header also.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1281864
Old 08-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by 2KBLKTYPER
Does it make a big difference between the custom & production?
from all the stuff i've read about the two, they are nearly identical in terms of piping diameter and length and therefore, power. the only exception is the production version doesnt have the anti reversion chambers. also with the custom header, since it is handmade one at a time, they can tailor it to meet your engine specs.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:52 PM
2KBLKTYPER

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
from all the stuff i've read about the two, they are nearly identical in terms of piping diameter and length and therefore, power. the only exception is the production version doesnt have the anti reversion chambers. also with the custom header, since it is handmade one at a time, they can tailor it to meet your engine specs.
Thanks snoopy

anti reversion chambers?

What does it do ?

Since both are nearly identical & im not really planning to go all out on the motor, I cant go wrong with the production version right?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

go to www.hytechexhaust.com and look in the honda section. it explains a lot.

if you have the budget for a hytech, i also recommend you look into smsp and rmf as well. they both make excellent headers that are right up there with the hytech.

www.sms-products.com
www.importpowerhouse.com