Notices

rear squeeling?

Old 08-02-2005, 09:54 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear squeeling?

I think it's the brakes. 93 integra LS.

It starts squeeling after about 10mins of driving. If I apply the brakes lightly (or heavily) it stops. It also only does it in a straight line. If I turn or swerve a little bit it stops... till I start going straight again.

The pads and rotors are within 2 years old. It's definatly coming from the back, not the front.

Oh, and my parking brake doesn't seem to fully engage either. Feels very very easy to pull the handle up and then when I have it engaged, if I'm on a hill it still rolls. So it's not gripping well.

Is there something I can lube or bang (heh heh) that can help stop this noise and/or get the parking brake to work right?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:42 AM
fjm1
G35

I'm gonna guess that the pads are frozen in their perches. I have a 92 that was doing something similar. Had to disassemble like doing a rear pad change. The problem becomes obvious then. I had to use a chisel to beat the pads out after the caliper was removed!

The pads were still good. I used a benchgrinder to smooth the surface that slides on the retainers. lube and reassemble.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

thanks, i'll tear it appart one weekend and see what I can find.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

if the handbrake is really loose you might also want to chech the cables...I know one of my rear calipers was seizing, so while the new caliper was on its way, I disconnected the handbrake cable to that one caliper and the handbrake got reeeeeeeeal loose.

so i say check for a seized caliper, seized pads, and/or disconnected handbrake cable
Old 10-13-2005, 10:29 AM
elle735

mine is doing the same thing, and it's a 2004. I am not mechanically inclined, but what do you think this will entail $$$?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:19 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

because the rears are less biased, you wouldn't hear them wearing down. which is why they design rear pads to make a ton of noise so you can hear it.

replace the rear pads.