Notices

best pour in cleaner

Old 07-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Redblurr
Piů Allentato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best pour in cleaner

what is the best pour in cleaner for fuel injectors?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:24 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I'm a big fan of Lucas™ Fuel System Cleaner...

But a good substitue is good old "C-12 Chemtool". You'll need a funnel, and you'll have about 4 ounces left over after treating one tankful.

A word of caution: FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS RELIGOUSLY. If you dump the whole can in there, you risk damaging expensive emissions sensors and possibly the catalytic converter itself. So don't screw around.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

I've also heard good things about SeaFoam.

Personally, I use STP fuel injector cleaner.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:51 AM
blkstangman88

all that "injector cleaner" is crap in my opintion, the only stuff ive ever used where i could feel the difference what stuff called "44k" its like $23 with tax for like a 12oz can, but let me tell u, it works like a charm!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
VTEC-Power

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
I'm a big fan of Lucas™ Fuel System Cleaner...

But a good substitue is good old "C-12 Chemtool". You'll need a funnel, and you'll have about 4 ounces left over after treating one tankful.

A word of caution: FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS RELIGOUSLY. If you dump the whole can in there, you risk damaging expensive emissions sensors and possibly the catalytic converter itself. So don't screw around.
Can't go wrong with Lucas
Old 07-19-2005, 04:32 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

best thing in the world is seafoam.....ya can suck it right into the intake through a vacuum line and let it stall the motor out...let it sit about 2 hours and watch how it cleans when u start that motor back up...awesome stuff...i sell a crapload of it
Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 PM
WackyRicky
redoing the interior

Seaform works great on old cars but then you have to do more than simply putting that stuff in the gas tank to make it work like Rebeid said. i've used Redline fuel system cleaner before. Didn't feel any noticeable difference probably because my injectors were relatively new and were working fine. Whatever you use, just stick with reputable companies like Redline, STP, Lucas etc.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:29 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by rebeld
best thing in the world is seafoam.....ya can suck it right into the intake through a vacuum line and let it stall the motor out...let it sit about 2 hours and watch how it cleans when u start that motor back up...awesome stuff...i sell a crapload of it
You got be careful about feeding the motor too much at a time, though.

Consider the fact that you're introducing a liquid into the combustion chamber. It's not a good idea to let the engine stall. :nono:

Given the location of the fuel injectors relative to the intake valves, I'd just use a fuel additive cleaner like C-12 or Lucas once every year, if not sooner. IMO, it's a much safer operation.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:20 AM
airmanUSN

44k is all we used in our shop as an additive, if you want them cleaned properly take it to a shop and have them to an injector service with a pressurized system
Old 07-20-2005, 02:26 PM
shirley
CBOTY 2010

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
You got be careful about feeding the motor too much at a time, though.

Consider the fact that you're introducing a liquid into the combustion chamber. It's not a good idea to let the engine stall. :nono:

Given the location of the fuel injectors relative to the intake valves, I'd just use a fuel additive cleaner like C-12 or Lucas once every year, if not sooner. IMO, it's a much safer operation.
normally id agree with u one hundred percent but this time i just cant....bout 8 years ago a rep for seafoam came into our store and showed us this trick on a car that was running absolutely horrible...worked great...since then we have recommended it to many customers a number of which who have come back and told us how great it works...ive done it to my own vehicles numerous times as well..