Notices

oil leak

Old 06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
danteisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak

well, i figured out all my oil leaks are comin from. the oil pan gasket is leakin slightly, my rear main is leakin, and the last one i cant figure out why its leakin. its leakin a bit under the drain plug, but it has a new crush washer on it. anyway here is my problem,
a while ago i had a problem with my clutch and i think my clutch and oil problem may be related. the problem with the clutch was that there was little pressure sometimes in the pedal but the clutch still grabbed perfectly. (27K on clutch) so i flushed the fluid etc and it didnt help. so last nite i told my friend about my oil problem with the rear main seal and told him i hope it would hold out till next summer when i replace this clutch i have now cuz it felt like it was getin softer. he told me i may have to replace it sooner, he said with the rear main leak, its prolly shootin oil on the clutch etc... and ruinin it. is this true? to help slow the leak can i put in some stop leak with my oil? i really dont have the funds to do all of this on the teg, and if the clutch/oil is inter related, i would have to do it all at once. i need a little insight here.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:27 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

My first peice of advise would be to open a savings account. Put a few dollars away whenever you can like here and there just for cases like this.

And then I would get the clutch fixed. If you're really strapped for cash... just try to build some up in a savings account. Or get a credit card.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:43 PM
danteisme

eh, credit cards are maxed out right now due to school, my other idea...until i get this fixed (hopefully this fall) if i swtich to non synthetic oil will that help slow down my leak since its thicker?
Old 06-18-2005, 04:56 AM
escrayzee

No offense man, there's no band-aid for you problem. Synthetic isn't just going to magically not leak. That's a sh!tty situation......i was right in the middle of going to college and blew my head gasket on the freeway in my 94 S10. $1100 CAD later i had a driveable vehicle again. I didn't have the money but i found somebody to loan it to me for the time being. You might need to find somebody that could do that for you.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Tobra

Replacing your oil drain plug along with the crush washer may help with that leak, or it may be that oil is leaking down from somewhere else and dripping out on plug. Had similar problem n the bug about 15 years ago, was a seal that allowed oil to get on the flywheel/clutch