Notices

Acura Integra '94 Auto Transmission Problem

Old 06-15-2005, 10:49 AM
ayaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Integra '94 Auto Transmission Problem

I have been facing this problem with the transmission. I had a few mechanics have a look at it and they all had different ideas and estimates of the problem.
I am not even sure if the problem is severe enough to require immediate attention Here are the symptoms of the problem:

1. Jerks when i put the transmission from P to R and N to D4. The jerk is more prominent when the engine is cold.
2. Delay in gear shifting esp. from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. As I push the pedal, engine makes whining sound but speed remains constant till the gear is shifted.
3. It seems the gear shifting time is always same no matter how hard I push the gas. Should it not depend on RPMs?

I recently got the transmission fluid changed too but it didnt make any difference.
Could you guys help me please.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:23 PM
nguyenj82

u could check ur idler
Old 06-15-2005, 12:24 PM
mikemerc85
Git-R-Done

sounds like your tranny is slipping. i dont know much about transmissions but i know enough b/c my dad specializes in rebuilding trannys. the only thing i can say is have it checked out again but this time go to a tranny shop and have them take a look at it.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:28 PM
mdaman

almost the same thing is happening to mine. Someone suggested replacing the mounts but im not sure if that will solve the problem, anyone else have this problem?