Notices

stock body sheet metal filler??

Old 05-11-2005, 12:49 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock body sheet metal filler??

Ok, in the trunk, and throughout the entire car, what is that actual white "caulk" stuff over the seams? Can i buy it at a auto shop or a real body shop?

My car was rear-ended. It was a slow 10mph hit, only bumper damage. But when we removed the bumper it was hit previously. I only charged the person who hit me what damage he did (not doing insurance fraud) especially since he is my friend. One estimate was the $679 (the actual damage he did) and the other was $2200...including the previous damage, but it would have been alot cheaper because he included the rear bumper (oem is like $350+paint) and the 2 rear tail lights at $224 each.

ANYWAY, when i pulled the bumper off, i guess this impact just aided to the previous damage. That bumper reinforcement bar thing behind the rear bumper is trash. It buckled where it goes into the frame rails, and was so mashed up. It also creased my trunk. No structural damage (except up front, just a control arm from a pot-hole). So i took a ruber mallet and banged out the crease. It looks as good as new, except that white caulk is broken. What can i use to put over the seam?

IM going to get it professionally repaired, except not the trunk since that is fine. But if you are firmilliar with the car in the rear that metal reinforcement has 4 bolts that connect to the frame rail. Well the bolts were sheered off and ripped the frame rail. so it needs new frame rails (i believe they are $150, plus install like $100 or something)
Old 05-11-2005, 03:56 PM
civicandtegra

bah safety my *** take that damn bumper brace support thing off they dont do crap do what me and a friend did and take a thick steel bar and cover it in a lot of foam and lay a cover over it, works great on his wrangler when he is off roading because he has a problem balancing so he rolls back sometimes and hits trees
Old 05-11-2005, 06:48 PM
nfn15037

There are no frame rails in an Integra. If the floor is ripped where the bumper beam attaches then it needs to be welded back up to eb fixed properly.

As for the caulk stuff, it is called seam sealer and should be available at Autozone or any body shop.