Notices

moonroof removal bolt lacations

Old 05-08-2005, 12:50 PM
escrayzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moonroof removal bolt lacations

Hey all,

G/f's moonroof sorta hesitates while being opened. Pretty straight forward. The lube is dirty and old so i cleaned it all the best i could and applied some lithium grease and it didn't do shit. I guess my last choice is to completely take the moonroof off the tracks so i can get every last bit of dirt out. I just need to know where the fasteners are. I searched and came up with nothing but i did read somewhere before that it shouldn't be TOO time consuming to take the glass off. Can anyone help a brotha out here? Also, can anyone recomment anything other than paper towels to clean the tracks? I would like to get them super clean so i don't have to do this again in 6 months. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:54 PM
sirg-vtec
I just wanted to fit in.

Since no one wants to help you out, why won't you just go find out for yourself. Take off the linning and take off every bolt you see and then come back and say, Forget it, i did it myself.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:04 PM
escrayzee

Originally Posted by sirg-vtec
Since no one wants to help you out, why won't you just go find out for yourself. Take off the linning and take off every bolt you see and then come back and say, Forget it, i did it myself.
First of all, the car's not here so i can't do that. Secondly, are you talking about the headliner on the inside?? I just wanna take the glass assembly off the tracks. Not take out the whole unit.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You don't need to remove the headliner to remove the glass. Here is is outlined in the service manual:

1. Open the sunshade.
2. Tilt up the glass.
3. Remove the bolts (6 on the brackets holding the glass down) and then remove the glass from the glass bracket.
4. Remove the screw and lift the sunshade rail on each side.
5. Slide the sunshade forward and then remove the sunshade. (There are two screws holding the sunshade brackets on.
6. Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
7. Check for water leaks.

You may also want to check the motor for any loose connections to the glass but that would require the complete removal of the headliner to check.

Let me know if you need anything more because I have the service manual handy to help anyone out.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Chizzy

is it possible to install a moonroof on a g3 teg that didn't come with one?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:36 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

yeah but why would you want a moonroof...i wish i didn't have mine. I see you have a RS. Thats what i wanted but white and 5 spd
Old 05-08-2005, 07:51 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Yes it is possible. You can hire people to do it for a price, or you can do it yourself. Its hard to do, so I've heard. I've always wanted a moon roof. I like the look.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I like riding with it open. It makes the car look more aggressive and it reduces air noise so I can hear the turbo spool up. h:
Old 05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
escrayzee

Originally Posted by Shmoo
You don't need to remove the headliner to remove the glass. Here is is outlined in the service manual:

1. Open the sunshade.
2. Tilt up the glass.
3. Remove the bolts (6 on the brackets holding the glass down) and then remove the glass from the glass bracket.
4. Remove the screw and lift the sunshade rail on each side.
5. Slide the sunshade forward and then remove the sunshade. (There are two screws holding the sunshade brackets on.
6. Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.
7. Check for water leaks.

You may also want to check the motor for any loose connections to the glass but that would require the complete removal of the headliner to check.

Let me know if you need anything more because I have the service manual handy to help anyone out.

Thanks alot man!! That was a nicer and more helpfull reply than smart-ass up there ^. I actually haven't had time to do it yet 'cause i just started a new job Monday. I'm going to do it this weekend.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by escrayzee
Thanks alot man!! That was a nicer and more helpfull reply than smart-ass up there ^. I actually haven't had time to do it yet 'cause i just started a new job Monday. I'm going to do it this weekend.
No problem. Good luck with it.