Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Can anyone with greddy turbo kit post pics other than shmoo (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/188294-can-anyone-with-greddy-turbo-kit-post-pics-other-than-shmoo.html)

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 11:37 AM

Can anyone with greddy turbo kit post pics other than shmoo

Hey guys as you heard, i will be getting my greddy turbo installed soon on my 00 gsr.
Can anyone who is boosted with the greddy kit, Please post pics of engine bay and fmic. Thanks guys.

Provocateur 05-08-2005 12:48 PM

If you search some of kfar09's threads, he has some pretty tight pictures. He is running almost the exact same setup as me. He didn't paint his intercooler and he left his heatshield intact.

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shmoo
If you search some of kfar09's threads, he has some pretty tight pictures. He is running almost the exact same setup as me. He didn't paint his intercooler and he left his heatshield intact.

Smoo , im afraid of spraying my intercooler fins because it might lose power. How did you paint the fins/???

Provocateur 05-08-2005 02:32 PM

I just took a can of Krylon and painted two light coats over the front of the intercooler. As long as you keep them light, there won't be a difference.

You don't have to paint it but I thought it was a good idea considering the sleeper effect I am going after and it keeps the nosy cops away.

kfar09 05-08-2005 03:19 PM

here is one link

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1055929

here is another

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=996045

enjoy

Provocateur 05-08-2005 03:27 PM

It is scary how similar our cars look:

We have the same bumper lenses.
We both have removed the heatshield.
We both have the Greddy Type S BOV.
We both have a guage bezel with Autometer guages in them (I have the boost and oil pressure and you have the boost and a/f ratio)

The only differences I see are the wheels, color, intercooler color, and mileage. Weird....

M@rshy 05-08-2005 04:37 PM

Those pics reminded me of a question. Why are some tegs marked Honda and others marked Acura?

Provocateur 05-08-2005 04:39 PM

Because people mark them that way.

They want to stay true to the Honda name. :lmfao:

M@rshy 05-08-2005 04:47 PM

So people take off the acura name and replace it with the honda name? Thats stupid, I think. Everyone has Hondas, Acuras are like the Elite Hondas.

Provocateur 05-08-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
So people take off the acura name and replace it with the honda name? Thats stupid, I think. Everyone has Hondas, Acuras are like the Elite Hondas.

I would never do it because I consider it ricey. If they want to do it to their cars, more power to them but one of those Honda emblems will never touch my car.

M@rshy 05-08-2005 05:01 PM

Amen to that Shmoo.

hawaii_boy71 05-08-2005 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shmoo
I would never do it because I consider it ricey. If they want to do it to their cars, more power to them but one of those Honda emblems will never touch my car.

I'd never do it either, i think its stupid, i love my acura. Maybe people are doing it because they want to "feel" like their car came from japan, because in japan, its a honda integra????? :confused:

M@rshy 05-08-2005 06:25 PM

Saying Honda Integra sounds really weird.. Good thing I have an Acura Integra.

kfar09 05-08-2005 07:34 PM

over in japan, its called the honda integra. it just sounds weird because you have always known it as the acura integra. i did it to be different around my area. everything else on the car says honda other then the steering wheel and carpet. and i dont see how putting OEM badges on a car is "rice". :rolleyes:

oh shmoo, i sold my Type-S and got the Type-RS, and I put the heat sheild on (you can only tell in the pic that has the engine showing through the hood). but my seats were replaced with 2001 GSR seats as well before i bought the car.

and my car is faster :p :D

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 08:03 PM

How does the type rs sound??? I will be getting that one for my gsr greddy turbo. I will be using action 1ms 6 puck clutch

Provocateur 05-08-2005 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by kfar09
over in japan, its called the honda integra. it just sounds weird because you have always known it as the acura integra. i did it to be different around my area. everything else on the car says honda other then the steering wheel and carpet. and i dont see how putting OEM badges on a car is "rice". :rolleyes:

oh shmoo, i sold my Type-S and got the Type-RS, and I put the heat sheild on (you can only tell in the pic that has the engine showing through the hood). but my seats were replaced with 2001 GSR seats as well before i bought the car.

and my car is faster :p :D

Yeah, I agree that your car is faster but you are boosting at 10 psi with uberdata. I am planning that after I deal with smog in September. The P72 is already chipped and ready to go in. :oh:

How is the RS compared to the Type S?

I had my cloth seats replaced with 2001 GSR leather seats too. Weird.

I just consider the Honda badges rice because it is marketed in the US as an Acura. I assume you bought it in the US? Then it is an Acura. If you bought it from Japan, it would be a different story. But hey, it is your car and at least that will be something that we can have differing opinions about. :)

Provocateur 05-08-2005 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by greengsr2k
How does the type rs sound??? I will be getting that one for my gsr greddy turbo. I will be using action 1ms 6 puck clutch

That doesn't sound like it would be fun to drive on the street....

I am going with the ACT HDSS since my stock clutch has worn out after 10k miles with the turbo on. The full face disk and pressure plate will have better engagement and a better pedal feel than a puck disk. It's up to you, but I personally wouldn't run a clutch stronger than what I needed since I do most of my driving during rush hour in stop and go traffic.

DiAbLo3785 05-08-2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
Why are some tegs marked Honda and others marked Acura?

i just put a honda badge on my car and got 50 extra horse power :stupid: :loco:

Provocateur 05-08-2005 08:35 PM

Oh, so that is why kfar09's car is faster than mine. :oh:

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 09:15 PM

I was recommend a 6 puck. I like it stiff bro. I drive in stop n go traffic daily myself. I dont mind.

Provocateur 05-08-2005 09:19 PM

IMO, the puck disk clutches are complete overkill for your planned setup. If you were pushing over 400 hp, I would understand it, but why would you want the super stiff pedal and harsh engagment when you don't need it.

Even the stock clutch tires out my leg in long stop and go traffic. So you may like it for driving around but you will quickly get frustrated when your leg is numb and you are stuck in traffic.

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 09:26 PM

the 6 puck is for only up 275 hp and its not overkill, they have one more extreme that upt 500 hp thats more extreme

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 09:27 PM

i love it stiff. I got strong calves bro. Trust me, my bro has a stiff clutch on his civic with no ps and i love it. Great exercise for my legs

Provocateur 05-08-2005 09:30 PM

the 6 puck is for only up 275 hp and its not overkill, they have one more extreme that upt 500 hp thats more extreme

It all depends on the pressure plate that is mated to it. That clutch will have harsh engagement regardless of pressure plate. If you throw a stronger pressure plate on, it will hold more power.

But it is up to you, but don't come complaining to me when you have to drop the tranny to put a different clutch in for any reason. I will just say, "I told you so."

Any news yet on when the turbo will be in?

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 10:39 PM

I wont complain bro. I set a appointment date on June 6th to have my clutch and turbo installed at same time. By the way shmoo, thanks for convincing me to greddy turbo. I heard bad feedbacks from jrsc almost everyday now.

greengsr2k 05-08-2005 10:40 PM

Im still waiting for the greddy turbo to arrive. Hopefully in a week. They said they will receive shipment on the 15 th and boy does City Speed ship quick. i got my intercooler the next day.

Provocateur 05-09-2005 09:49 AM

Im still waiting for the greddy turbo to arrive. Hopefully in a week. They said they will receive shipment on the 15 th and boy does City Speed ship quick. i got my intercooler the next day.

Yes, that is why I recommended him. It is a bummer that the turbo wasn't in stock but he is still a great seller none-the-less.

greengsr2k 05-09-2005 11:28 AM

EXCELLENT seller only thing that sucks is i have to wait. The ls kits were flying off the shelves like pancakes. Thanks for you recommendations.

Provocateur 05-09-2005 11:34 AM

EXCELLENT seller only thing that sucks is i have to wait. The ls kits were flying off the shelves like pancakes. Thanks for you recommendations.

No problem. Anything to keep you away from the JRSC. :)

greengsr2k 05-09-2005 11:56 AM

Im very anxious to feel the boost on my gsr.

Provocateur 05-09-2005 12:00 PM

It is an orgasmic feeling. You will love it. Best $3k you have ever spent. :p

RsxSpeed 05-09-2005 12:10 PM

my friend has an integra with a greddy turbo... ill try and get some pics for you
he's selling it btw

greengsr2k 05-09-2005 02:27 PM

Show Some Pics Bro.

greengsr2k 05-09-2005 08:52 PM

shmoo did you run a cel after turbo install. You think i need synapse missing link to remove the cel???i was recommended buy a missing link to solve the cel???

Provocateur 05-09-2005 10:13 PM

No CEL. The blue box is an all inclusive device that will eliminate the CEL and provide a better fuel map for boost. A stand alone ECU would be the best step up, but smog legality would be out the window on that one...

So, you don't need a check valve or any of that ghetto shit.

greengsr2k 05-10-2005 06:03 AM

im running a vafc2. will i be able to hook up the blue box with it.Me and my bro decided to install the clutch and turbo the same time. Will the clutch ease installation??? for the turbo

RsxSpeed 05-10-2005 06:05 AM

Show Some Pics Bro.

i gotta do it when iam not at work... ill try n do it tonight or whenever i see him

Provocateur 05-10-2005 08:38 AM

im running a vafc2. will i be able to hook up the blue box with it.Me and my bro decided to install the clutch and turbo the same time. Will the clutch ease installation??? for the turbo

It may be a good idea to remove the VAFC to remove the blue box.

The clutch installation won't make anything easier.

greengsr2k 05-10-2005 03:53 PM

shmoo, i decided to go with exedy organic street clutch. I got it for a good deal. What do you think??

Provocateur 05-10-2005 04:16 PM

I have heard mixed things about them, but hopefully it will work out for you.