Notices

Just bought an Integra

Old 05-06-2005, 03:39 PM
teevee247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an Integra

Well, I am new here, and figured i'd do my first post on the car I just got (and the reason why I signed up here).

I just bought a 1994 Acura Integra RS, 5 Speed, with 105 000miles (180 000kms), it's white.

I have some pretty avg. plans for this car I guess. First thing, I am painting it flat black this summer and getting the windows tinted. Over the winter, I plan on buying Neuspeed Sport Springs (1.75") and KYB AGX struts, and KYB strut mounts with Ingall's camber bolts. After that, getting 16" Rota Circuit 8's in bronze. After that, start on performance bolt-ons, more than likely a Greddy Header, Cat-back exhaust and an AEM SRI (don't want a cold air here).

Well, that's my story, if anyone has any suggestions on the paint, let me know (since im doing it soon).
Old 05-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Sounds like you have a pretty set plan and you know of what you speak. Good luck with the car and the paint.

Welcome to HAN, btw. Stick around for some very useful knowledge.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

:cheers: Welcome to HAN!

Flat black? As in Krylon rattle can?

You'll get a longer lasting finish and more consistent color by ditching the rattle cans for an paintbooth and airgun. h: It's a fairly simple job, repainting the car black and using dulling resin in the clear coat stage to knock the gloss down.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:51 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

welcome to HAN post some pics of your ride
Old 05-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Welcome welcome ;p
Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 PM
teevee247

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
:cheers: Welcome to HAN!

Flat black? As in Krylon rattle can?

You'll get a longer lasting finish and more consistent color by ditching the rattle cans for an paintbooth and airgun. h: It's a fairly simple job, repainting the car black and using dulling resin in the clear coat stage to knock the gloss down.

Nope, actually leaning towards getting some John Deere Blitz Black paint, and spraying it with an airgun, inside a ventilated garage. Just debating what to do for the clearcoat, do you have any other information on a dulling resin for the clearcoat (how it works, where to get it, how to use it)? Thanks!

I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow if I have time to take some, thanks for the nice welcome
Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by teevee247
Nope, actually leaning towards getting some John Deere Blitz Black paint, and spraying it with an airgun, inside a ventilated garage. Just debating what to do for the clearcoat, do you have any other information on a dulling resin for the clearcoat (how it works, where to get it, how to use it)? Thanks!

I'll try to post up some pics tomorrow if I have time to take some, thanks for the nice welcome
I never thought about the matte paints used for farm equip. h:
I mentioned the dulling resin on the assumption that you were using an automotive paint which requires a few layers of clear coat.

I'm glad to see that you're going with an airgun.

I don't know enough about the Blitz Black paint to make any suggestions on clear coat. The only thing I could add is to be thorough in prepping the body.

I am very interested to see how this turns out.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:36 PM
teevee247

Yeah, the John Deere paint is extremely tough (it is industrial grade after all), some people don't even put clearcoat on it (but I am going to, to protect it more).

Once I start doing the bodywork/prepping, i'll start a thread and update it as I progress throught it. First thing is getting a few pieces welded in to replace the worst of the rust spots (4 spots around the 1/4, 2 on each side), just gonna cut out the pieces and weld in new ones. Then grind off the other rust (its all surface after that), and go from there...
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

nice plans, welcome to HAN
Old 05-07-2005, 05:32 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

glad to see somebody with their feet on the ground when it comes to plans.

i agree the tractor paint is a damn good idea. post some pics and keep us updated on the progress...