Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 PM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headliner....??

Well, i love my GSR the only things i dont like about it are
#1 insurance cost
#2 my interior.

I like how the interior feels, but the seat material pattern im not a real fan of it. Also when i got my gsr it has some scratches in the headliner. This is pretty much my only flaw in my entire interior. My seats and my carpet are pretty spot less, but the headliner has some decent gouges in it.

Is there anywhere that i can get a black headliner from? I saw a carbon fiber headliner on ebay...but for $200....forget that. OR is there anyway i can get some kinda fabric and have some place put it over top. Its not that big a deal, but i was cleaning my car today and thought it would look sweet with some ITR seats and a black headliner and black trim. (too bad frt ITR seats alone go for close to $700 on ebay )
Old 04-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Integra 87, me and my friend did out own complete swap job on his 1994 mitsu 3000gt interior, all black, and we did everything ourselves.

You can go to your local fabrics/crafts store and buy black headliner material, it'll run you at least 10 bucks a yard. But you wont need much more than 1 yard, but its better to have the right amount and not enough. You will also want to buy headliner/adhesive glue, need alot of this crap... After you buy everything you need you will have to take your old headliner off. Unscrew light assemblies overhead, upper door trim, etc. After you have everything unscrewed and the headliner clear, you need to "pop it" out of its plastic fasteners. Once this is done you must carefully remove the headliner through the rear of the car. Once its out you can actually peel/scrape off the old headliner, it should be headliner material attached to a cardboard like molding. Once you have sufficiently cleaned off the leftover foam crap from the old headliner you can apply the new one, make sure you pull the edges as you do it to keep it tight and mold it to your best ability to the headliner mold(this is where you use the adhevise glue to stick that sucker down). Then you just carefully trim around all the edges and sunroof opening, pretty much identical to how the old one was cut. Then slide that bad boy back in through the rear hatch, ta'da! This is exactly how we did it in his mitsu and it looks to be roughly the same for our cars.

Materials Needed:
Approx. 1.3 yards of headliner
Rug/Carpet cutting blade
Razor for scraping
Headliner adhesive (amount variable)
Tools for reming screws/possible bolts

This is a pretty easy job and will run ya less than 30 bucks!

Lemme know if you guys want me to form this into an actual DIY ;p

Here is a pic of us f*ing around mid process of his interior change, this is his carpeting and seats ;p