Notices

Vtec/non Vtec

Old 04-23-2005, 03:23 PM
civicandtegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he is right about the low comp but a a motor with vtec is like hitting the boost 2 times it feels nice but i be sure to get it tuned very well, ls/vtec is good but too expensive and has a chance of over reving if your motor isnt that healthy,for boost i would go with a ls + the car will be cheaper then the vtec so that money can help get u the turbo
Old 04-23-2005, 06:20 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
the gsr motor is better for boost
Yes it is. Higher compression and vtec will make more power than an equally equipped LS motor will but allows less of a margin for error when tuning. I personally love my VTEC + boost. h:
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

Oh no, not this topic of which is better for boost again... =\

If you are really worried about cash, i would stick with the LS. Seriously, you aren't running 1/4 miles everyday.. (jk) the money difference on a GSR + insurance is a large amount for a highschool driver..

PLUS, this IS your first car, so learn how to drive with an cheaper car.. I'm not doubting your driving skills, its just on the safer note. Do you know how to drive a stickshift already?

All in all, an integra is a fun car to drive.. and good for picking up the groceries
Old 04-24-2005, 04:12 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

well after looking at the tegs for a while, and always disregarding the final generation preludes because of cost, I saw a 97 w/ 150k mi for 5800

I jumped in my seat, every time I saw one of those cars, I wished I could have it, but was under the impression they were very expensive, but I guess its possible to find one under or around 6.

What do you guys think of the prelude against the integra?

I'm afraid you guys are all Integra owners, being in the teg forum, so I'm hoping I get a mixture of answers, and not just integra people.

Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by mikesta21
well after looking at the tegs for a while, and always disregarding the final generation preludes because of cost, I saw a 97 w/ 150k mi for 5800

I jumped in my seat, every time I saw one of those cars, I wished I could have it, but was under the impression they were very expensive, but I guess its possible to find one under or around 6.

What do you guys think of the prelude against the integra?

I'm afraid you guys are all Integra owners, being in the teg forum, so I'm hoping I get a mixture of answers, and not just integra people.

Thanks again.
I don't like them. They are heavier and aren't as nimble as an Integra. That seems like an awful lot of money for a car with that many miles. I am sure you can find a 97 GSR which will do better or as well, performance-wise, as a Prelude with less mileage for less money.

But it's your money and your dream to own a Prelude, so if you think it is a good deal, go for it.