Notices

planning to boost with jrsc on 00 gsr

Old 04-16-2005, 09:15 AM
greengsr2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default planning to boost with jrsc on 00 gsr

I will stick jrsc with stock internals. But will the itr tb work on jrsc. I currently have itr tb on skunk 2 im. I will sell the skunk 2 im and comptech intake.What else other than comptech carries intake that will fit jrsc kit???? I currently have a vafc2 and B&M frp and gauge.Will this work for tuning purposes/??I also have itr tb cable and bracket.Will it work gsr jrsc kit???I want to keep itr tb and cable and bracket or will i have to reuse my old gsr tb????
Old 04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
fergy016

The sc setup will have its own intake setup. How much boost are you willing to push? the tuning wont be very good off of the vafc2 for a boosted application because it doesn't change fuel pressure under a boosted period, may result in a lean condition/detonation. With the skunk2 im removed, wouldn't it be wise to put the old throttle cable/bracket back on? The itr throttle body will be fine, if anything it will help deliver more air/fuel.
I would check out http://www.theoldone.com/
This is the company that made the jrsc, before it was sold to jackson racing. There is a lot of good information on this site, including a great forum. Make sure to use the search function, the questions you ask, may have already been asked.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 PM
crucial Si
Banned

JRSC is a pice of shit. It might work really well on your car though...
Old 04-17-2005, 03:23 PM
greengsr2k

im planning to boost on stock 6 psi. So will the vafc 2 be fine???

Originally Posted by fergy016
The sc setup will have its own intake setup. How much boost are you willing to push? the tuning wont be very good off of the vafc2 for a boosted application because it doesn't change fuel pressure under a boosted period, may result in a lean condition/detonation. With the skunk2 im removed, wouldn't it be wise to put the old throttle cable/bracket back on? The itr throttle body will be fine, if anything it will help deliver more air/fuel.
I would check out http://www.theoldone.com/
This is the company that made the jrsc, before it was sold to jackson racing. There is a lot of good information on this site, including a great forum. Make sure to use the search function, the questions you ask, may have already been asked.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by greengsr2k
im planning to boost on stock 6 psi. So will the vafc 2 be fine???
It will be superior to the crap they include as fuel management. Ideally, you would want to go with a standalone ECU with any sort of FI but that will do if you are on a budget.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:47 PM
greengsr2k

So i would need to use my old gsr tb cable and bracket????I also have a hondata intake manifol gasket. Do i need to buy a new oem im gasket/??
Old 04-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

There is no reason to use the ITR one since you won't use the Skunk 2 manifold, so yes.

I believe they include a new gasket with the SC, so I don't think you need to worry.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:40 PM
fergy016

there is no reason to remove the itr tb, why not use it. but the skunk2 im has got to go because the supercharger will take its place.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:42 PM
greengsr2k

Im gonna sell my skunk 2 im but will use the itr tb with old gsr pulley/spring and cable. Do i still need the gsr cable bracket??
Old 04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
fergy016

if you use the itr throttle body, you need the pulley meant for that. If you use the gsr throttle body you gotta use the pulley meant for that one. I don't believe you need the gsr cable/bracket though.