Notices

2000 GSR throttle body on my 91 Teg LS

Old 04-15-2005, 12:49 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 GSR throttle body on my 91 Teg LS

Hey peeps, I've done some searching on this issue, and it's been covered before, but I would like some additional input (for my specific application).

First off, is a GSR TB a direct bolt on to my 91 integra LS? What about the GSR throttle cable? Is it needed?

Second, is it worth the hastle?

I've been thinking that buying a used TB off another car was a cheap easy way to get some HP. If all I do is drop a GSR TB on my car is it going to do anything? OR, will this only really help with say a better intake manifold.

Comments about this GSR TB application or ideas for using other TB's greatly appreciated. (I'll also keep searching the site)
Old 04-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

www.maxbore.com

a much better option. assuming you have more than just bolt on's.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:11 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

maxbore looks cool, but, why is it better than a used GSR TB? Will it acutally be larger?

I have nothing except CAI. I'm just lost as to the whole "porting" thing and relationship between the TB and IM, as in, does improving one without the other make sense.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:32 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

Just found this from a HAN thread:

"As far as getting a bigger throttle body, i suppose you could get one and pick up 5 hp for a mere 2 or 300 dollars, but larger throttle bodies aren't very beneficial unless you port match the hole on the intake to the throttle body. that's when you start to see nice gains from a TB"

so, now on to researching "port match"
Old 04-15-2005, 04:48 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by themilman
maxbore looks cool, but, why is it better than a used GSR TB? Will it acutally be larger?

I have nothing except CAI. I'm just lost as to the whole "porting" thing and relationship between the TB and IM, as in, does improving one without the other make sense.
if all you have is a cai right now, i wouldnt bother with upgrading the tb just yet. get a header/exhaust first.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 PM
themilman
Wookie Nation

K, but a good header and exhaust, from what I've heard, like a DC 4-2-1, and a non-generic exhaust, high-flow cat, etc, would be hundreds of dollars, which I don't have to spend, so I'm searching for some low-cost mods I can do myself, like a used TB.