Notices

'94 Integra auto tranny acting up

Old 04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
MooseTJohnston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '94 Integra auto tranny acting up

I recently bought this car due to the general lack of complaints made by present or former owners of this generation of Integra. Lately, an apparent problem that was once ignorable has become more prominent. When shifting from Park to Reverse or Park to Drive, especially when the engine is cold, the whole car jerks when the transmission thrusts into gear. There is also somewhat of a jerk while driving, especially when it shifts from first to second. If the engine is warm, though, the problem is much less evident. I thought it was simply due for a TF change, but now I'm not sure. I'll still get around to changing it, but I would like some more ideas of what else to look for that might be causing this.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:20 PM
sMiLeY
Ls TeG

it could be your cry crying out to you. :awais: ..damn it....you bastarr....d... change me to standered for fricks sake!!!! PLeeeeeeeeAsE!!! now go n get me a 5 spd, n clutch assembly n shift linkages,pedals, n anything else i missed from the same body style car n model, n a really cool looking shifter that can absorb all the sweat from your palms during those heated races n thrilling shifting as your engine screams away in freedom from automatic syndrome...... either that or ya trannys fu<<T . PEacE.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:41 PM
MooseTJohnston

I see.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:25 PM
klikster

Originally Posted by sMiLeY
it could be your cry crying out to you. :awais: ..damn it....you bastarr....d... change me to standered for fricks sake!!!! PLeeeeeeeeAsE!!! now go n get me a 5 spd, n clutch assembly n shift linkages,pedals, n anything else i missed from the same body style car n model, n a really cool looking shifter that can absorb all the sweat from your palms during those heated races n thrilling shifting as your engine screams away in freedom from automatic syndrome...... either that or ya trannys fu<<T . PEacE.
:screwy:
Old 04-15-2005, 02:54 PM
EvanG23
Kid w/ No Money

Originally Posted by sMiLeY
That was a productive statement. Go back to your Ford forums.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:06 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Originally Posted by MooseTJohnston
I recently bought this car due to the general lack of complaints made by present or former owners of this generation of Integra. Lately, an apparent problem that was once ignorable has become more prominent. When shifting from Park to Reverse or Park to Drive, especially when the engine is cold, the whole car jerks when the transmission thrusts into gear. There is also somewhat of a jerk while driving, especially when it shifts from first to second. If the engine is warm, though, the problem is much less evident. I thought it was simply due for a TF change, but now I'm not sure. I'll still get around to changing it, but I would like some more ideas of what else to look for that might be causing this.
Sounds like it could be an engine or tranny mount that's badly worn. Try having a buddy put it in 'R' and 'D' back and forth with thier foot on the brake while you stand in front and look @ the engine. You should then be able to see what mount is fawked.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:26 PM
MooseTJohnston

Thanks for the reply.

An interesting thing to note is that the car, when the engine is completely cold, idles around 2000rpm while in park after being started. The RPMs don't flutter around so I don't think it is a vacuum problem. I assume that there must be a valve trying to regulate engine temp (which would cause high idle)... If this is true, then the fact that the RPMs are around 2000 when shifting from P to R wouldn't explain why the entire car jerks... if idling around 2000 is normal, that is.

Harsh idle disappears once the engine is warm, and the shifting from gear to gear becomes somewhat less harsh. Is it possible that a jerk caused by a bad transmission or engine mount would be enhanced by the high idle RPMs?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:40 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Yes, shifting the transmission at higher RPM's is like dumping the clutch. It will put the engine under a heavier load then from normal idle RPM's (700 or so).
I don't know about your high idle problem, could be any number of things. Here is the service manual in .PDF
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/ma...e%20manual.pdf
Perhaps there is an idle adj. screw on the throttle body.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:47 AM
sMiLeY
Ls TeG

Ford forum? wow arent you a fu<ken retard! i own an acura integra that i switched to stick from auto cause auto sucks n theres no point upgrading it. ford forum, well if ford ever makes an acura integra i jus might. thanks for tha advice you retard