Notices

just bought a '96 gsr.....

Old 04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
race 'track' probobly means abandoned long streach of street with no cops around at all.
Negative, ghostrider.

When we say "take it to the track", we mean race at your local dragstrip on "grudge night". Any sanctioned race event that has tech inspection and hands out timeslips is what we refer to as a "track".

And for the sake of clarity, HAN condemns illegal street racing and will not permit its discussion here. Period.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress...

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 04-04-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
br1ev8

Can anyone think of reasons as to why the spark plug wire cover and the exhaust manifold heat shield would be missing? Meaning, are these signs that the engine as been tinkered with? I'm guessing that whoever had the car before possibly had a header on and took it off when they sold the car and just replaced the stock manifold, but why would the wire cover be gone?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The wire cover is probably missing because it is a pain in the ass to get to the spark plugs if you have to remove it and put it back on when you check them. Some people take it off for aesthetic reasons too. I don't understand it but that could also be a possibility. Get a new one off ebay. They are relatively cheap and it is only a piece of plastic, so how bad could an ebay one be?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
br1ev8

Couldn't see as being that big a deal to put back on...I mean does it just snap into place, or is it screwed on?
Funny avatar
Old 04-05-2005, 08:19 AM
EK hatch
I hate ricers

Nice, I love red teggys :thumbup: . I'm glad your not gonna rice it out
Old 04-05-2005, 08:40 AM
gingas

These are some things I would do if you want a nice looking Gsr without ricing as everyone says. EX:tinted windows,system,alarm,lower car Eibach sport springs/Kyb Agx shocks(camber kit) intake,exhaust,header if you choose go with Type R shift knob/boot w/red stiching. You can always add more or less. Post pictures as you fix up ride...Good luck
Old 04-05-2005, 08:00 PM
br1ev8

Thanks for the compliments ek hatch

gingas--I will definitely be tinting the windows, adding an alarm, and installing my system. I might install the itr spolier (I love its look), intake/exhaust, and at the most I'll lower the suspension for better cornering. But, that would probably complete my mod list...I don't want to over do it.