Notices

oil catch can help

Old 03-25-2005, 02:00 PM
danteisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil catch can help

please dont tell me to search becuase i have and havent found a solution to my problem...

im one connection away from hookin up my catch can, i hooked it up the right way too. one end into the pcv valve and the other where the old pcv valve used to go. heres lies the problem. the only connection i have left to make is the one on the IM where the pcv valve used to connect to. i cant see/feel it from the bottom, i can barely feel it from the top and i cant see it at all. how the hell do you get that piece of hose of the fittin on the IM? i wish i had a skunk2 mani, it would be soooo easier. i think the problem with me tryinto get it off is becuase of the way the stock gsr mani fold down. any tips?
Old 03-25-2005, 04:08 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Remove the IM bracket. This will make the removal of the IM easier as well as clearing up space underneath it, so you can easily do stuff like this.

If you don't/can't do this, you are going to have to keep trying your method.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:12 PM
danteisme

ah ha, yup, my buddy just told me to do the same thing. is that a necessary item to put back on? its really in the way of me tryin to finish up this job. we all know what happens sometimes. things come off but they never want to go back on, i dont want that to happen if this is a necessary piece.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I took mine off and chucked it as far as I could. It is so pointless to have on there. It just adds to the frustration of removing your IM and plugging things in underneath. I removed mine about 6 months ago and there have been no ill effects.