Notices

<---Please help ASAP, Car totalled---->

Old 03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slapmaho
I got into an accident last night where a oncomming SUV made a left turn in front of me without signalling causing my car to be totalled, air bags deployed and everything. Cops came and found out the driver of the SUV was drunk and arrested her for DUI.

my question is, Does a 94' LS 2door 5spd, have a black box recorder
in it that records vehicle informatino during an accident.

please answere ASAP

thanks guys
My condolences for the loss of your Integra.
I hope you're doing all right. :happysad:

If the driver who ran into you was arrested for DUI, you'll be fine when it comes to getting compensation. There's virtually no question about who is at fault.

I am 99.999% sure that Honda did not equip the Integra with an EDR*.

*A general FYI: The industry term for the new automotive "black boxes" are "Event Data Recorders" or simply EDRs.

The EDR program was launched by NHTSA, but participation has been optional since the program's inception. GM jumped on the bandwagon, but the majority of Japanese and European manufacturers are hesitating.

While the EDR program was intended to provide crash data solely for research purposes, a big legal debate has come up recently. The issues are: who actually owns the data recorded by an EDR, and whether EDR data is admissible in court.

Already, there have been cases where EDR data has been used to "testify" against the driver of the car. Link

It's this legal debate that is slowing the growth rate of EDR-equipped cars.

I'm trying to find a definitive list... but AFAIK, no Honda sold today is equipped with an EDR.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

sorry to hear...your car will be payed for don't you worry.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:21 PM
StreetShark

That sucks go to dmv and file report it manditory with in 30days if any major damge is done and hope the DUI driver had insurance because if they din't it should still be easy to get a court order in your favor but the only problem is getting them to pay I know some one with a bad experience like that very simular good luck how did the car hold up
Old 04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
escrayzee

That's AWEFUL dude!!! Welcome to my situation 3 weeks ago. SAME thing happend 'cept the other person wasn't DUI. he was ORIENTAL...almost as bad!!!!! grrrrr. i was SSSSSSSSSOOOOO pissed when it happend..........things are getting fixed but it's a HUGE inconvinience!!!! plus i have to take him to small claims court...............i feel your pain bro!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 PM
sMiLeY
Ls TeG

DUDE!!! GIMMIE YOUR WIRING FOR YOUR FRONT TURN SIGNALS!!!!!!! pleEEEEEEEEEEEEAse. oh yah sorry bout ya ride n chit. lol oh n the recorder thing naw. who cares she was drunk, enjoy your new car n chit yadada yes? hit me back about your wires!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:51 PM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by sMiLeY
DUDE!!! GIMMIE YOUR WIRING FOR YOUR FRONT TURN SIGNALS!!!!!!! pleEEEEEEEEEEEEAse. oh yah sorry bout ya ride n chit. lol oh n the recorder thing naw. who cares she was drunk, enjoy your new car n chit yadada yes? hit me back about your wires!

Dude your a d1ck!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:04 PM
hakjai

Originally Posted by sMiLeY
thats pretty insensitive...
Old 04-14-2005, 07:22 PM
TDotCord

sorry to hear man....glad you're alright though...

I don't think any car comes with a black box recorder yet.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:35 PM
sMiLeY
Ls TeG

come on man i was fu<ken around, we all been in these situations, hey should i send you flowers or sumthing your a guy, your alive, ins will hook up a new car, done deal...sheeeeeeeesh ...lol
Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Sorry to hear about your car bud. What I would do it buy it back from the insurance company and part it out, or try to fix it. I hope everything works out for you. I hope you weren't hurt in the accident. Good luck with everything!