Notices

R Oil

Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 AM
nsxtasy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IdealConcepts
The guy asked how many miles I have on my car and I said 68K and he said it’s too late to switch over to full synthetic and that if I wanted to use full synthetic I should have done it at under 10,000 miles (couldn’t have because I didn’t get mine until it have 13K miles). Is this true
Not true. Go ahead and use full synthetic if you want.

now to find out what the dealer has in terms of synthetic. Hopefully they have mobile 1. I'm pretty sure they have at least Castrol Full Synthetic.
Call ahead. If they don't have the brand and viscosity that you want to use, they will probably be happy to let you buy your oil yourself and bring it with you for them to change. (My dealer does; they only stock synthetic 5W30, but they're happy to let me bring them synthetic 10W30 for my other, non-ITR car which specifies that viscosity in the manual.)

Last edited by nsxtasy; 03-10-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 PM
bbasso

Thanks bbasso, not to find out what the dealer has in terms of synthetic. Hopefully they have mobile 1. I'm pretty sure they have at least Castrol Full Synthetic. Thanks again.

Are you going to let them change your oil? Why not DIY ? it's easy, fast and not messy. You don't even need a jack to lift the car. Just put one front wheel up on a curb

But if it's not your thing bring the oil you want to the dealer, they should not have any problems.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
IdealConcepts
FasterThanASpeedingTicket

I tried it once after I had changed out the suspension and took forever. I have a 2.5 ton jack but its too high to fit under the car, I have to use the jack from the car, which takes a few mintues to take out because I have my sub box screwed into the car to keep it from sliding. I also get a little nervous being under the car when it's jacked up becasue it is so low. So I have the dealer do it, I do change the oil on my Toyota Truck. Don't have to jack the truck up.