Notices

99 GSR-T PROBLEMS! Here are some Codes Its throwing

Old 03-01-2005, 07:12 PM
SilverCel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I drive a celica, and I know that if I were to install the turbo from a 3sgte into my my 5sfe (bolt on stuff) that I need to get a 2bar map sensor to replace my 1bar map sensor. I'm assuming thats what a check valve is. do they make one that would be used in this application?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:40 PM
dubcac
I

No that's not a check valve. The problem is that the ECU is seeing boost. Even with a 2 or 3 bar map sensor, the Map sensor will detect the pressure and the ECU is still going to see boost and throw a CEL. A check valve basically ensures that the MAP sensor doesn't see the pressure rise in the intake manifold, so the ECU doesn't see the boost.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by dc5s
Step 1:
I know exactly what is wrong. First, take off your front bumper, there are several small screws and a few pushpins...after that start by removing the FMIC. Once you have that out move around to the intake manifold and remove the intake charge piping. After that remove the charge pipe leading from the turbo to the FMIC. Once the piping has been removed get your hammer out and beat the shit out of anything made by cybernation.

Step 2:
Replace all factory parts. Retune ECU.

Step 3:
Sell "slightly" damaged Cybernoyance Kite on EBAY for 3000$

Step 4:
Begin building the internals

Step 5:
Buy a supercharger and have some fun from a stop.

Just my .02 LOL. No offense, im just a supercharger type person. I hate maintnance. Actually, if he has hondata, plug your laptop in and tweak the maps or base settings. Then change you Map sensor to a 3bar, you should have no problem after that. Good Luck.
What is your suggestion? Buy a JRSC? That is the crappiest advice I would ever give someone. He has a turbo, he is going to keep the turbo, and there is nothing you can say about superchargers to make him switch over. Superchargers on 4 cylinder cars suck. Our choices are the garbage things made by Jackson Racing or a less-than-stellar kit from Vortech. And even if he did put a supercharger on, he would still see a CEL because the ECU is still seeing boost. A new map sensor wouldn't help either. There are 2 cheap options off the top of my head: check valve or a piggy back unit that intercepts and alters the MAP signal.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:30 PM
newgsrdriver

What is he using to control those 440's?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:27 AM
virusiidx

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
What is he using to control those 440's?
yeah what type of fuel managment are you using? you never mentioned that.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:19 AM
SilverCel

Not sure....I'll find out today.

Other than the upgraded Fuel pump, and the aeromotive fuel pressure regulator he has a stock fuel rail.

I did install an apexi safv II for him, but that was while the other turbo was blown. Haven't tried tuning it on the road cuz the bitch only drove right for like a week after the turbo reinstall (he doesnt drive much)