Notices

Whats the next step?

Old 02-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xmrcrackersx
http://www.turbonator.com/index.html...x79_crome_text

now would this be a good option or is this site a bull ?
Like I said, research a bit. That is a waste of money. It won't do anything except make you $69.95 plus shipping poorer.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:49 PM
xmrcrackersx
poop...what a funny word.

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Like I said, research a bit. That is a waste of money. It won't do anything except make you $69.95 plus shipping poorer.
besides here on the fourms, where a some godd places to read up on all that good stuff?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by xmrcrackersx
besides here on the fourms, where a some godd places to read up on all that good stuff?
I would try www.howstuffworks.com to get a good sense about how your car works along with turbochargers, superchargers, cams, etc. so that you can make an educated decision when you decide to go on to bigger and better things, tuning wise.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

www.team-integra.net
www.honda-tech.com
www.howstuffworks.com

i recommend reading/searching through each site if you really want to know stuff.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
xmrcrackersx

thanks alot guys.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:47 AM
kfar09

use honda-tech to search for turbos. there is a lot to learn about 'em. and having a turbo is a completely different world then N/A (naturally aspirated). after having my turbo on, i wish i would've never wasted the money on an intake and a header. just use the search button, a lot of my questions were answered that way.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 AM
VTECGSR

You also have to look at where your at in the world too. I live in York PA, home of the old US30 Dragway. This town is muscle car heaven. We host the largest street rod show in the world. We are home to Harley Davidson's largest factory. My point? People around here don't know shit about imports. You think I'm going to let someone who tunes carburated big-blocks throw a turbo kit on my car and dive into my OBD2?! F-no. We have no tuner-oriented speed shops, we have no dynos, what do we have...APC a shitload of it. Alot of imports around here are home-built machines. With no tuner shops most of my experience has been trial and error. But when you're doing a turbo setup there very little room for trial and error, too much error and you just ruined a perfectly good engine. You guys out on the west coast have it made. You guys have tuner shops out the ying-yang, Lowrider shops, Muscle car shops. People who live in Bum-F*** egypt are a little limited. You know, what happens when something goes wrong? What are you going to do, take it to Acura? There going to laugh in you face.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
xmrcrackersx

if this car was yours, what would you do to it next ?