Notices

Axle strippd and wont come out

Old 02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
RboYi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle strippd and wont come out

My friend stripped my axle while changing the clutch. (using a metal nose hammer to get my axle out, compressed the threads). i told him not to but... he insisted it wouldn't do shit. now im in a dilema of changing my axle. so since that thread was compressed, the 32mm nut that goes on the tip of the axle was not on. so i drove my car, my only source of transportation. now i have to swap the old one out. the old one will not seem to budge now, im thinking the teeth of the axle mending together with the brake teeth. i've tried everything from a metal nosed hammer, mallot, and some impact jack hammer tool. tried prying it and everything. what are my other options?

oh yea i've soaked it with WD40
Old 02-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Air Chisel (sp?) with the point on the end.. have at it.. not good to be driving on it without proper assembly... which you have now learned the hard way.. good luck.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:42 AM
RboYi

yea i used the air chisel, i had to drive it because my shop teacher wouldnt let me leave my car there. and i had to get around, somehow. today im gonna try the object that goes diagonally across 2 lug nuts and in the center is the axle tip where u tighten 2 bolts on the lugs and eventually pushes out the axle tip. i dont know what its called but. yea.

anymore ideas?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by RboYi
yea i used the air chisel, i had to drive it because my shop teacher wouldnt let me leave my car there. and i had to get around, somehow. today im gonna try the object that goes diagonally across 2 lug nuts and in the center is the axle tip where u tighten 2 bolts on the lugs and eventually pushes out the axle tip. i dont know what its called but. yea.

anymore ideas?

yea... i have an idea that is garenteed to work.. but it's costly..

it's called a torch.. keep cuttin till it's all off, then replace everything that u just ****ed up!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
RboYi

hahah, i got the solution from honda-tech.

this is off topic but how much do u charge for powder coating rims?