Notices

Power Window Help!?!

Old 02-08-2005, 12:04 PM
nonvtecintegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Help!?!

I have a 1999 Integra LS 2 door. My cars driver side window has not worked for some time now. Before though, I could get it to roll down if I pounded on the Power Window Switch on the drivers side. I figured that the switch was broken, which when I took it apart, the little movable switch that controls the drivers side window, just fell onto the ground. So, I ordered one off ebay and it moved and clicked like my old one did before it broke. BUT, it still doesn't work after I installed it. has anyone had this sort of problem? Any help is much appreciated.
ALSO-I seem to get shocked EVERY time I get out of my car. Sometimes its a little shock sometimes it seems my heart skipped a beat, mabey this is somehow connected. I cant remember, but I think this started when they stopped working.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:53 PM
brothalynchhung

if your switch "BROKE" it may have grounded out check the fuse.. you should have a left door fuse 20amp and a right they are side by side. check that shizzle, If not check continuity from the switch to the motor.. or even voltage goin in and out of the switch.. your problem lays with lack of power usually window motors wont start working if u "pound" on it.. so its prolly loose wire
Old 02-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Bryan_M

the shocking is just built up static electricity from the friction between your body and the seat. happens to me and others all the time as well.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
ohbiskits

yea i have a 4door and my passenger side window goes down and up REAL slow but it works...the window behind the drivers seat wont move at all...im thinkin im gunna pull the door pannel and check the wiring but any other ideas?
Old 02-09-2005, 09:36 AM
nonvtecintegra

i checked all the fuses and they are good. any other ideas.... if it grounded out, the fuse should be bad right?!
ALSO, how do I check if the window motor is good? is there something that I can do with a simpson multimeter?!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:20 PM
JWC67896
AZN Jim

Default Integra lover

yeah with that multimeter you can check the motor if it reads OL or infinite the motor is bad but if the resistance reading registers as like i dont know for example 5 ohms then its good. You should check and make sure the track is greased as well in the window sliders cause sometimes they get all gunked up. Good luck