Notices

Aquatic Injection?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:43 PM
RboYi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquatic Injection?

Anyone know about Aquatic Injection? Has anyone tried it? How safe is it?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:53 PM
dubcac
I

There's no point to a water mist injection unless you're boosted.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Master Yodub
There's no point to a water mist injection unless you're boosted.
Agreed. It is very effective though and I have heard good things about it.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:29 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

:thinking:
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Back in the 1980's, the Group B rally cars used ultra high-pressure, very fine mist water injection as an addtional form of cooling the intake charge. These cars ran between 25 and 35 pounds of boost, so you can imagine how hot the intake charge was, even after an air-to-air intercooler. :eek3: The Peugeot 205 T16 is a fine example of the Aquamist™ water injection system working very well in competition.

For a street app, the misting jet is much smaller than what the Group B teams used.
That said, if the intake charge isn't hot enough for the water mist to completely change phase (from water to a gas), serious engine damage can result. It's a complex system, that when properly managed, can do wonders.

Lately, these systems have also been used to mist methanol rather than water. The advantage of methanol injection is that it nets slightly more power -- as the methanol becomes part of the fuel charge.

So there ya have it. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:26 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Back in the 1980's, the Group B rally cars used ultra high-pressure, very fine mist water injection as an addtional form of cooling the intake charge. These cars ran between 25 and 35 pounds of boost, so you can imagine how hot the intake charge was, even after an air-to-air intercooler. :eek3: The Peugeot 205 T16 is a fine example of the Aquamist™ water injection system working very well in competition.

For a street app, the misting jet is much smaller than what the Group B teams used.
That said, if the intake charge isn't hot enough for the water mist to completely change phase (from water to a gas), serious engine damage can result. It's a complex system, that when properly managed, can do wonders.

Lately, these systems have also been used to mist methanol rather than water. The advantage of methanol injection is that it nets slightly more power -- as the methanol becomes part of the fuel charge.

So there ya have it. h:
Not only that, but you can use your windshield washer fluid as your reservoir for both your windshield squirters and you injection. :naughty:

I've been looking into a kit for this, but I just haven't taken the time to research it like I want to. A LOT of DSM and GN guys do this. They get supurb results (boosted).