Notices

Head change

Old 01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Avictar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head change

Currently my i iahve a b20b setup with JDMB18C1 head...previously i had the liberty to engage opinions on pistons...with that settled, i am curious with the JDMB16B head vs JDMB18C (GSR) head as a combo with B20B...

from the locals, many are in favor of the B16B simply due to its throttle body size and flow, valves and valve clearing, etc...and a bit cheaper than the type-R tegs head....what are your opinion...pls advice...
Old 01-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It will lower your compression ratio. Not by much though. Go to www.c-speedracing.com to calculate the exact ratio. If there isn't an issue of valve clearance, why switch to a lower compression head? I would just keep the one you have. The issues with a larger throttle body and flow can be fixed by upgrading the IM and throttle body on your existing head.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Avictar

thanks mate....you see, most of the advice given to me is that the GSR head could not be fitted with a Type R IM and TB version...you have to change the whole head just to fit it in...that is my dillema...if there is a way just to change the IM and TB without having to change my JDM GSR head i am all for it...quesion is...is this possible...would appreciate any advice..
Old 01-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

you can easily get a skunk2 manifold and tb of whatever size you want for your gsr head. nearly identical to the single runner i/m found on itr's. if you want something to outflow that, itb's are sick. :drool: