Notices

tell me how low i should go

Old 01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tell me how low i should go

im going to be buying struts and springs for my car pretty soon. im getting the KYB AGXs, but i dont know which springs i should get i dont want to go too low, i want to be able to put a jack under the car after its been lowered. i was looking at the tein s-tech springs and i want to know how much they lower my car. i heard they lower the front 2 inches and the rear 1.75. please help i dont know what springs i should get
Old 01-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Kyo Kusanagi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It all depends where you live and what type of roads you have.
Lower for looks or for track racing. It just all depends. I have on Ground Controls and Kyb Agx shocks. I'm lowered 2.5 drop and it looks nice. I haven't gotten any problem so far. But for where I live, in CA, our roads are pretty fock up sometimes.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:26 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

CT roads suck, that is all. but im a good driver and i never had any problems in my droped civic so the roads arent an issue.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:43 PM
carta79
Life after death

What's your budget?? If you feel ride height is going to be an issue then look into Eibach, Comptech springs, or HR sports. I can tell you this, I have a 1.75'f/1.5'r drop and the only jack that I have been able to get underneath the car is the factory scissors jack.

The Tein S Tech is a progressive rate spring with a drop of : Front- 2.5" Rear- 1.7". I would say the HR sports would match up well with the shocks your going with.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:49 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I'd vouch for any of the TEIN products...but if you go with just their springs, check with TEIN to see what shocks they recommend for your application. Since the damping strength must be matched to the spring rate, I'd follow the spring manufacturer's recommendations.

But if you want to play it safe (which I recommend), I'd go no lower than 2".

If you're much lower than that, a savage pothole could lead to the suspension bottoming out. :eek3: When rims bend due to impact load, the root cause is usually insufficient suspension travel. Keep that in mind. As you reduce the amount of suspension travel through lowering, you have to increase damping and spring rates... it's the only way to control the shock absorption process given the remaining distance.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by NorCal DC4; 01-08-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:59 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Originally Posted by NorCal DC4
I'd vouch for any of the TEIN products...but if you go with just their springs, check with TEIN to see what shocks they recommend for your application. Since the damping strength must be matched to the spring rate, I'd follow the spring manufacturer's recommendations.

But if you want to play it safe (which I recommend), I'd go no lower than 2".

If you're much lower than that, a savage pothole could lead to the suspension bottoming out. :eek3: When rims bend due to impact load, the root cause is usually insufficient suspension travel. Keep that in mind. As you reduce the amount of suspension travel through lowering, you have to increase damping and spring rates... it's the only way to control the shock absorption process given the remaining distance.
horry shat, i had no clue it went that in dept :eek3: i was looking more like a 1.75 inch drop at the most. anyone have any pics of cars with H&R sports? any pics of cars with the drop that i want?
Old 01-08-2005, 01:30 PM
carta79
Life after death

I have the Neuspeed sport springs installed on my Integra, it's a 1.75' drop. My Garage is currently down though, man this site is losing functionality.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:39 PM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Originally Posted by carta79
I have the Neuspeed sport springs installed on my Integra, it's a 1.75' drop. My Garage is currently down though, man this site is losing functionality.
hows the ride? is it bouncy at all?
Old 01-08-2005, 01:47 PM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by JoePannone
hows the ride? is it bouncy at all?

Well it's a progressive spring rate so it's not geared for handling/track use. I was able to compress the spring somewhat with just my hands. My Integra is a daily driver so I needed a comfortable ride, the Neuspeeds have done just that. To directly answer your question, their is somewhat of a bounce if I'm on a bumpy road. I like it though because I can feel the road.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:16 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by carta79
We're making some software upgrades, that why a few features are temporarily down at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience. h:

AFAIK, the downtime should be very brief. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!