Notices

best brake systems out there

Old 12-02-2004, 10:00 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dom93hatch
I remember a thread on H-T where a guy had ITR rotors redrilled to 4x100 and used Prelude VTEC calipers. Call it cheap or call it ingenuity.
You can also use Accord/Prelude rotors re-drilled. You'd need a 5mm spacer as well. I've seen it done and it's awesome for the money.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 12-03-2004, 04:52 PM
raykan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say if you wanna the cool stuff going with brembo is always the safest, but like everyone says...pricey.....atleast 2K. link to a comparison site for aftermarket parts.
http://www.tunermarket.com/Search_De...ProductID=9476
Old 12-04-2004, 06:33 AM
bobsmith
'95 GSR Original Owner

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
First upgrade to any brake system is to get some stainless steel brake lines. It will eliminate any flex in the lines under high heat and pressure thus eliminating brake fade.
I thought that brake fade is caused by interaction of the pads and rotors -- less friction when hot, for example.

The biggest difference made by stainless steel brake lines is to improve the "solid" feel of the brake pedal and reduce pedal travel, because the lines don't expand nearly as much as standard lines do when you step on the brake pedal.

No?
Old 12-29-2004, 11:35 AM
StopTech

Originally Posted by bobsmith
I thought that brake fade is caused by interaction of the pads and rotors -- less friction when hot, for example.

The biggest difference made by stainless steel brake lines is to improve the "solid" feel of the brake pedal and reduce pedal travel, because the lines don't expand nearly as much as standard lines do when you step on the brake pedal.

No?
Brake fade can be a couple of different things. It could be the fluid boiling over. If you haven't flushed your system in a while, then it could have a high water content which would make the fluid easier to boil. The pedal would pretty much just sink in this type of fade

Brake fade can also be caused by going past the maximum operating temperature of the pads. In this case the pedal would feel the same, however the car would feel like it's not stopping.

StopTech has kit which is equal to brembo if not better in quality. We actually have a stiffer caliper. Not only that but our kits maintain proper brake balance. The kits are also a few hundred dollars cheaper. Consider a Stoptech kit. I think you would be very satisfied with it.

If you are going show, and performance doesn't matter, than any kit will do.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:58 PM
SOHKeg

you could do an NSX caliper swap

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1061801