Notices

B18C5 cam description

Old 10-25-2004, 05:44 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B18C5 cam description

Ok, so i just bought a Integra Type R intake cam (B18C5) brand new and after comparing it to the Type R cam that i am replacing, I notice some differences between the two! Can someone please post good pics or give a really detailed description of an ITR intake cam? The new one I just got has a little B about halfway down the cam, and the old one has a little K halfway down..Please help me out.

Oh yeah, the new one I got doesn't look nearly as polished as the ones I took out of my car (The new one is much more of a dull black). Could this be because it's new or because I got screwed into buying a non-OEM cam?
Old 10-25-2004, 06:16 PM
fgfournet
R ENVY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hear is a web site with visual identification guide:
http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/cams
Old 10-25-2004, 07:18 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Ok, from looking at those pics the cam I just got most closely resembles the '00 ITR intake cam except mine is a really dull black. Is that just because it is brand new or what? And as for my old ITR cams, I can't seem to find any pics that resemble them.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:50 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by red94teg
Ok, from looking at those pics the cam I just got most closely resembles the '00 ITR intake cam except mine is a really dull black. Is that just because it is brand new or what? And as for my old ITR cams, I can't seem to find any pics that resemble them.
Why was there a need to replace the cams? Was something wrong? It sounds as if you changed them out. Is the intake cam you took out still good?
Old 10-26-2004, 05:00 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Basically I had somebody put in a new headgasket for me, and he didn't put the key that holds the cam gear and intake cam together back all the way in, so it totally screwed up the end of my Integra Type R cams. The guy did give me a set of b16 cams from a '99 Si to put in until I got another Type R intake cam. The machine shop that did some of the work said they couldn't machine the end of my (otherwise perfectly good) cam, so now its just a big expensive paperweight.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Should look like the one pictured on the far right:

duck squad member #00003
Old 10-27-2004, 02:02 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

OK...another question: The hole (on the distributor side) of my new cam isn't as deep as one on the cam I had in there before. Is this going to be a problem or make a big difference when I go to put the new one in or anything?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:07 PM
dubcac
I

It'll be fine.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:10 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Why is one deeper than the other? It would seem to me that the depth of the hole is set for a reason...
Old 10-27-2004, 02:17 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by red94teg
Basically I had somebody put in a new headgasket for me, and he didn't put the key that holds the cam gear and intake cam together back all the way in, so it totally screwed up the end of my Integra Type R cams. The guy did give me a set of b16 cams from a '99 Si to put in until I got another Type R intake cam. The machine shop that did some of the work said they couldn't machine the end of my (otherwise perfectly good) cam, so now its just a big expensive paperweight.
So is there any chance that you are going to be reimbursed for the new Type-R cam. I hope so, if not file a complaint at www.bbb.com (the better business bureau) this usually works as co. do not want a bad reputation.